Tuesday, March 13, 2012

'LOOK THROUGH ANY WINDOW' the hollies

Painesville Police Investigate ‘Extreme Peeping Tom’
Posted on: 6:47 pm, March 12, 2012, by Melissa Reid,


PAINESVILLE, Ohio — Stephanie Moore, 27, of Painesville is locking up at night after an incident early Saturday morning.

“I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to a man touching my behind and rubbing it. I thought it was my husband, but it wasn’t,” said Moore.

Moore said an intruder reached in through the front window of her East Walnut Avenue home.

“He just reached through and touched me. And he stopped. And then he proceeded to do it again. But it was real soft, I don’t think he wanted to wake me up.”

But Moore did wake up and screamed for her husband, causing the man to run away.

She called police and discovered neighbors filed a similar report.

“They think the same guy tried to get into their 13-year-old daughter’s room. But her window was halfway up so he couldn’t get it unlocked. But he reached his hand all the way in and tried unlocking the window,” added Moore.

According to Moore, her front door was unlocked because her mailbox was located in her sunroom.

Since the incident, she has moved the mailbox outside and locked the front door.

“This is very unusual. We haven’t had any other complaints of this type in my entire crew of 14 years here,” said Sgt. Toby Burgett, with the Painesville Police Department.

Police are investigating the incident.

“Keep the doors and windows locked. Keep any outside lights on. So if you look outside your window and see anything unusual, call the police,” added Sgt. Burgett.

In the meantime, Moore is keeping her house locked up until the intruder is locked up as well.

“I feel violated. I’m scared to be in this house. All my windows locked, all my doors locked, I keep everything locked up tight. But who’s to say he doesn’t come back?” said Moore.


http://fox8.com/2012/03/12/painesville-police-investigate-extreme-peeping-tom/

4 Comments:

At March 14, 2012 at 3:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://icrimewatch.net/ohio.php

Am I surprised? No. I signed up for the sex offender hot list and had my eyes opened when I learned who lived with in a one mile radius of my house. When my daughters were home we printed out the list, picture included and informed them who they were and where they lived. Not to scare them but to educate them. We were surprised to learn one of the labeled offenders went to school with my kids, yup that should send a shudder down your spine. If you have not signed up to get the alerts from Dan Dunlap's office you might want to think about it. The link above will let you search your neighborhood.

When the break in's started last year we installed dead bolt locks and started locking our cars in the driveway. We still walk but not alone, take a buddy or big dog. I also take a cell phone these days...... The new age armor.

 
At March 14, 2012 at 6:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, why am I finding this ut on this two-bit blog.???

 
At March 14, 2012 at 6:40 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

6:27 two bit blog.? Your getting this free.

 
At March 14, 2012 at 6:47 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

To some of you who don't read the whole blog. Someone posted a comment on "Tell It Like It Is"
Which concerns Painesville schools and Board member Ross Grippi.
I can only assume that Mr. Grippi is getting a lot of pushback when it comes to the schools. I guess when 1300 people vote for someone it's not enough to just vote and expect him to do the rest on his own. You voted for him now support him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home