Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"COUNCIL MEETING 06/15/09

I will fill you in on the meeting later today, but before some of you choke on your coffee today. The front page of Tuesdays News-Herald was a mis-print . It should have read expected revenues next year from these funds will be around $827,314, not aloss of that amount. Property tax revenue will be around 8% less then this year.

Someone sent me a comment that I have to check-out before I post it. Any of you that want to place a "quote" next year for the $62.50 hr. lawnmowing contract..... Maybe you have to have a horse that needs a roof over their head to get the contract?
But I will find out if his facts are true, give me some time.

Quick recap of council meeting. The Mentor Ave. Historical District went on second reading, this should pass in July with no problem. Council was given a financial forecast on property tax revenue, it will drop arond 8% or around $50,000 not the $870,000 reported in the News-Herald. Zaremba Inc. will give a special presentation at 6:00p.m. June 29, 2009 on site plans for the hospital property.

Yes I believe someone did say something about shooting some people , and either the Council President or the Law Director should have corrected her at that point. I guess you have to ask them why they didn't. There is no excuse for making threats in a public meeting, and I do understand her fustration. Miller Ct. residents brought a petition to council about a rental problem on the Ct. What I see as the problem is they get rid of problems in the rental complexes and they move the problem into neighborhoods thar never dealt with these problems.
I brought up the Cleveland magazine article and stated it wasn't the quality of our safety forces but the number of below poverty income people, and high rental that seem to drag us down. Again Painesville shouldn't have received the low score in safety we received, and the schools have their own problems. If you read those figures your not going to move here and your not going to sell your property. Heisley Park residents still have a water problem [ Thats what happens when you build on a swamp] Hope they come up with some new ideas.

13 Comments:

At June 16, 2009 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish the other council people had has much important closeing statements as Hal W. Everyone just sits there with their mouths open (saying nothing profound) Thanks for being well spoken..

 
At June 16, 2009 at 6:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the Black lady at the council meeting say "if i had a gun I would shoy my Mexican neighbor" ? Thats not good if she did

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The people I feel sorry for? The kids that have to ride Hal's bus. Theres a difference between asking questions and hearing yourself talk.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think council would let anyone else make a statement likr that? You would probably be thrown out.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 5:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed this morning that the homeless are migrating. I drove by Helen Hazen Wyman at about 7am, and there were about 5-7 of what appeared to be homeless in the pavilion with the fire going. There were no cars in the parking lot, and they appeared to be homeless. Not a bad deal really, free firewood, and a free roof over your head.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see the meeting and don't have cable. Was it Selma Hall that made that comment about shooting her neighbor? Is she still having problems with them?

 
At June 17, 2009 at 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear alot of complaints about this blog. but I get more information about this town here than anywhere else. I read the news herald and then I read the facts here. Cleveland Magazine article this town should be besides themselves instead they are in denial. I don't know who you are but thanks.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 7:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder how many of the other towns in that survey almost had a roit Saturday night on E.Erie St.? thats why were last.
Keep electing people like Joe "Fidel" Hada thats had 27 years to change things to the worse.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, the homeless problem has now reached Concord. Now maybe something will be done. NIMBY, not in my backyard is Concord's policy. Let's see how they handle it. Probably just send them back to Painesville.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wonder how many of the other towns in that survey almost had a roit Saturday night on E.Erie St.?"

Well I'll assume you meant riot, but my guess would be zero. What are the odds another town would have a disturbance on the same night and on the same street? I don't even know how many towns have an east erie street. You suck at trying to make a point.

 
At June 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone read the TGIF column about Proud of Painesville? Talk about someone smoking something!

 
At June 20, 2009 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do the City of Painesville and the Cleveland Indians have in common? They both need NEW Managers. wonder who will be the first to make a change?
KAREN

 
At June 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen,
Remember the other day you told me the truth ?
Why do you keep on ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home