Monday, February 8, 2016

" YOU KNOW IT DON'T COME EASY" ringo starr



Got to pay your dues if you wana sing the blues


Well did everyone enjoy the Super Bowl? I guess there's truth in "Defenses Win Championships!"

I guess the storybook ending for Peyton Manning will be history, 200 victories and going out a winner.
It has been mentioned many times that Manning and Jimmy Haslam are good friends. You have to wonder if there's a position in the Brown's front office that might interest Peyton?

Who could be the biggest winner of last night's game? Cam Newton. If you have watched his career from winning the National Championship at Auburn to his first pick in the 2011 NFL draft along with a five year career at Carolina that has been pretty much injury free, yesterday must have seemed like the natural progression in his life. Then the nightmare hit him things didn't quite go his way. At times he looked tired, confused and just plain disappointed in himself. Where did the magic go?

The title of the post; It don't come easy. That was the lesson for Mr. Newton yesterday. To repeat or even having the opportunity to play in a Super Bowl is fleeting. Ask Dan Marino. Cam is a gifted quarterback and yes you should enjoy and have fun but it takes a certain type of person to achieve a high level of constant success. I for one believe he learned that last night.

Commercials

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. When you pay the kind of air time for an ad in a Super Bowl you better come up with something special. New but not new, Snicker commercial with Marilyn Monroe liked it. Jeep commercial touting Jeep History, great ad. Honda Ridgeline with the sheep ,Great! Can't beat ads with animals and throw in a talking dog at the end.

First year I can think of I was disappointed in the Budweiser commercial's?, Plus what was the pug, monkey baby about?

Please if I missed a favorite share it with us.

************************************************************************

Monday February 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM chestnut St. Elementary Councilman Mike DeLeone will hold his first Town Hall Meeting. Mike's guest for the night is Painesville Police Chief Anthony Powalie. The meeting is open to all resident's of Painesville.

*************************************************************************



Marco Rubiobotic I guess most of us now understand that Marco believes President Obama wants to change the country and knows what he's doing? The only excuse for going on and on  in the way he does is that he realizes and believes GOP voters must need things pounded in their heads?

8 Comments:

At February 8, 2016 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching Cam Newton knocked off his high horse was worth the watch. Cam Newton thinks he's in Lebron James league. He's all about rapping and selfies and acting out. Maybe he should believe in winning championships.

 
At February 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liked the 2 Doritos commercials, first the baby inside the womb and then later the 3 dogs trying to sneak into the grocery store. Also liked the herd of weiner dogs wearing buns running for the Heinz condiments. Beyond that the rest were pretty disappointing.

I unlike many others actually was not a Cam hater going in. I was giving him the benefit of a doubt with his antics and actually liked that he would hand his touchdown footballs to the kids however I was extremely disappointed in what I saw from him during last 5 minutes of the game. He took a step towards recovering the fumble then ran away from it, that is not winner or a gamer. Follow that up with pounding his hands on the ground in the end zone and I saw a big, immature spoiled kid. Can't imagine his teammates will be impressed when they see film of the fumble.

 
At February 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we should be less concerned with the lack of great commercials and more with Beyoncé and her show. Not too long ago the certain black members were very upset with the Oscars and lack of white nominations. Take a look at B's troupe, all black. They wore afros, black leather and held up fists in black power fashion. So again, its OK for the black community to do this but racist for the white folk?

 
At February 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

12:42 Me I thought the whole halftime show was a mess. A little of everything and nothing worth the time. Ever notice on an NBA game 10 African-Americans on the court at the same time. What's with that!
12:41 I forgot about the dogs sneaking into the store.
As far a Cam he literally had the s#@t kicked out of him for three plus hours I didn't expect him to be to gracious. Plus I not a fan of good losers or good sports. I hate to lose and why bother if in the end it doesn't bother you. I might be wrong but that was the first time I watched him run with the ball and slide. More bad things than good can happen going after that fumble. Let's hope he learned something.

 
At February 8, 2016 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady Gaga got to fulfill a childhood dream and sing the anthem at the Super bowl. Not the best or most powerful I ever heard but she got her shot. She did OK. I enjoyed it. The anthem always get the tears welling up for me.

 
At February 8, 2016 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marco Rubio is trying to make an enormous point enough times to make sure America gets it, and that is that Obama is purposefully taking the White out of America. It's an important point, and I don't think most Americans get it. I wouldn't vote for him, but I am grateful he is making the point over and over, because apparently it is not clicking with Americans and the alarm bells aren't ringing for most yet. Vote Trump.

 
At February 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

7:46 Unless you and Marco know something I don't, the last I looked Obama isn't on the ballot?
Marco is the future that want's to take us to the 80's? again AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!
I agree many Trump supporters must be hearing bells in their heads.

 
At February 13, 2016 at 6:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little bio - I've been watching football ever since I was a little girl in the '60s - it was a great way to spend some time with my dad and later it gave me a powerful tool to talk to boys with. My single most powerful memory was shaking Jim Brown's hand at the last game in the old stadium. No, I didn't ask him for an autograph - just grateful for a personal moment with one of pro football's great players. The Chihuahua I had in the '90s would run and hide at the mere mention of Modell. I was at the AFC Championship game when the Broncos beat us out of our shot at the Super Bowl. A very cold and quiet ride home. So, having said all the above - it was a struggle to pick a team to root for in this Super Bowl. Cam Newton is a great player but needs to learn that football is a team sport and his career will be much shorter than it should be if he keeps trying to win all by himself. The Broncos represent the single most painful loss any Browns fan has had to endure. So, root with your head or root with your heart? I did both and took Denver with the points. Made some money on a calculated bet AND got to see Peyton Manning have a storybook ending to a really tough season.

And as a true Browns fan let me close with...'there's always next year!".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home