Thursday, August 27, 2015

"DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME" simple minds


"Slow change may pull us apart"

Another Thursday, another County Commissioners meeting.

As with all meeting, they all start the same with everyone waiting on Commissioner Troy.
I told the person sitting next to me is that they should play 'Oh, Sherry' by Steve Perry when the exalted one enters the chamber.

Run through all procedures of the meeting  then comes the visitor time. Two county residents that must attend all commissioner with documentation on why the commissioners should revisit that ordinance on the Mexican Matricular Card.

Now during both of their presentation's Commissioner Troy managed to do everything but listen to them. He signed, read papers anything but listen to the people. At that time I decided why bother to mention anything he probably read the sports section of the paper until I was finished.

Talking about finished I think the other two commissioners time will be done next November. And for what?

I was going to ask if county residents signed  a petition on the commissioners revisiting the card if that might sway you know who?

Something tells me we could walk into the commissioners meeting with 10,000 signatures and sadly it wouldn't change Commissioner Troy mind.

Meeting at 10:00 AM and 2:00PM I guess in some of those at the meeting things must be great. No one comes to complain? [Well their all out working to support your rearend]

Now if we could do something about these pests that for some odd reason keep coming back to meetings just to be ignored?


I predict that Trumps rating will go up at least 5% after the brush up with Univision anchor Jorge Ramos. First Mr. Ramos wasn't called on and second as a reporter he is to ask questions not debate the candidate. Wonder if I'm correct?

4 Comments:

At August 27, 2015 at 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does journalism attract such self important nitwits? They want to change the world with their superior intellect and power of the pen? I wonder what the stats for respect of the press has done in the last 100 years. I'd like to see a graph.

 
At August 27, 2015 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

TERM, are you mocking these dedicated citizens that keep coming to present their case? Calling them pests? They should be commended for not just throwing up their hands and saying "what's the use?". You have to keep being persistent to get anything done. And for you to call them pests is disrespectful.

 
At August 27, 2015 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Jim said...

Just a quick question for you.

Is Troy actually late for the meetings or does he get there just at the time the meeting is supposed to start?
If it is the latter, it would seem to be odd but at least he is there "on time".
If it is the former, why do the other Commissioners put up with it? After all, he is wasting their time as well as the time of anyone in attendance.
Being an elected official doesn't give anyone the right to be rude.

Mr Troy, if you are habitually late for meetings, it is time you leave home (or wherever) earlier so that you can be where you should be ON time.

 
At August 27, 2015 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

12:23 I happen to look at my Iphone and it was 10:06. There all in fear of him!

11:15 You must of misread the post or I wasn't clear with the pest comment. I considered myself viewed as one of the pests? Now if this is what the county considers good leadership Dan will be sitting to the side with two new commissioners running the show. I can only hope those other two commissioners wake up before it's to late.
These two that show-up at these meeting should be praised not ignored. Sorry if I misled you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home