Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE" police

I'm sending out an S.O.S that I guess no one cares.

Painesville council held a work session tonight and I guess the best response to the meeting was;

Well it's going to be some time to work out the bugs at Prairie State. No concern of Painesville paying 61% higher price then they could buy it on the open market for 32% of our base power.

 We see no criminal fraud in this contract so no use anybody looking into this. Painesville  "levelization" figure is only $457,000 not the $1,020,000 Galion claim to owe. I guess we just live right here on the north coast. My quote was for over $1,020,000 dollars how could I have been so far off? Well Mr. McHugh mentioned Bonds were used to finance levelization. New question do the Bonds have to be repaid? If not send me a couple. What about interest charges? Maybe $600,000 in Bond debt the city  is now also responsible for?

Electric reserve fund well presently we only have $15,700,000 sitting in it  although they admitted the $2,100,000 sent to AMP-OHIO came out of that fund. Hey what's the difference between 15 and 17 million it's only our slush fund anyway. Why was I told by a council-president two years ago about 30 million?

Paid AMP-OHIO $2,100,000 for our share of Meigs County but.... we might receive $57,000 dollars returned to us! That's ONE heck of a deal.

We will continue to purchase power from Prairie State at $72.00 MWh. even if it only costs $40.00 on the open market? Remember  we are proud participant's.
Odd we were promised an "estimate" of $48.06 in 2007 yet certain members of council believe that was a low ball amount and yet minutes latter we are informed we can presently purchase baseload power off the grid for $40.00 but that's not an estimate that's a fact.

Remember $48.06 was only an estimate so I guess when the firm price is $90.00 and the plant running at 64% efficiency after two years of operation council lady Katie Jenkins see's that as not unreasonable.

Must not be unreasonable to not have a plan for the next five or ten years for our power plant.

Councilman DeLeone enlighten us on his knowledge of coal even though experts claim the Lively Grove mine is mud coal. Mike ask your experts about the turbines and boilers along with other short-cuts taken by Peabody, you should have asked.

Council lady DiNallo doesn't want to cause a lawsuit that we will have to pay for. Wish she had been around before they had to write the 2 million plus check.

Councilman Fodor missed the whole point. Please read the contract if other participant's file bankruptcy say Paducah, Cleveland , Bowling Green and who knows who's out there ready to pull the plug. We here in Painesville are responsible, well at least until  that 15 million has been sucked out of our coffers. your 9.2 MWh. could triple..... IT'S IN THE CONTRACT! 

Councilman Flock go home tonight and hope and pray none of this happens. I guess 19 years on a council means you know less than people in their first term or arrive 30 minutes late.

Presently the only fraud I have seen is a lack of wanting answers. I wonder who this bunch listen too?


Last year a possum wandered out on my porch and faced itself in corner to avoid seeing me. Best guess he figured if he couldn't see me I couldn't see him. Seems like council doesn't want to see anything either.

7 Comments:

At November 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we should send them a plaque? For having a blind-eye.

 
At December 1, 2014 at 7:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a conspiracy Term! Don't you see it? Like you, I'm at a loss. How is it that only Councilperson Flock knows what is going on? Why, I bet the other members of council would find it acceptable to build a house and have a house payment along with an electric bill. Can you imagine the naivety? Hey! I've seen the bills, too. I don't think its very honest though to lump everything together and say that is what you are paying per megawatt. The actual power cost is right now, roughly $35/mW. The rest is the construction costs of the plant. But, I know where you're coming from. Owners of a building should not have to pay for it once it is running. Another thing that really gripes me is how almost every one of the towns that are in such an uproar actually purchased MORE power than they NEEDED. Now, they're flush with power they can't use. At least Painesville kept their purchase realistic. 9.2 mW is the number you've been giving, and you say it is 32-33% of Painesville's load? My source told me that Painesville all time high was 57 mW and that averaged over a year, the load is considerably higher than the 27 mW that you seem to think is normal. Also, if you watch the PJM site, you would find that costs fluctuate constantly, all day long. Why I've seen it as high as $2300/mW for extended periods that coincide with system load rising to its peak for the day. Why those sneaky brokers, charging more on the open market when there is a higher demand for their product! Yet, Painesville doesn't have to pay that high of a price. Amazing! I think it all happens just to mess with you and Andy. Oh, and by the way, my source mentioned to me that they are unable to recall a time when you came down to the electric plant to see what was happening. You say they are doing nothing, and aren't willing to help out anywhere else in the city (I believe you claimed they use their union as an excuse). My source says that is a load of disinformation from someone who really hasn't a clue. I don't why, Term, but the whole city seems to have it in for you and Andy. Keep up the good fight, and keep it REAL!

 
At December 2, 2014 at 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:59
Lots of information from a "source" but none of it is your information?? Kind of puzzling isn't it? You sound much more like the source.

Just exactly how would Term go about getting inside the power plant to see what is going on? Is it possible for an ordinary citizen to arrive unannounced and gain admission?? Could I do it? I would bet it isn't possible.

The simple fact is that the plant is not producing power so the "workers" can't be doing very much. The question might be that if you owned the power plant as your own business, would you pay people to do whatever you say they are doing right now? I would highly doubt it.

BTW, this is not Term but is just another tax payer who expects the City to be run efficiently.

 
At December 2, 2014 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

7:59 You keep it real let's sit down with our "sources" and debate this anywhere anytime. Better yet if you believe I am wrong go to a council meeting and explain to them why I am wrong.

The plant I have been there numerous times. Once when the main turbine was out of service and being repaired in Columbus and another time when the cooling tower collapsed. Ask your source how much the repairs to the power plant have cost in the last seven years? Then tell me how many and how much power the plant produced in the last three four years?
Keeping the staff at the level it's at and not producing power well ,it's a sin no private company would operate in this manner. Again the people in charge (council) it's not their money.
I guess we could also keep a school fully staffed with administrator's and teachers and support staff with no student's in attendance just empty seats in the classes? The purpose of that school was to watch buses pick-up student's on the property. And explain the need for the school being "you never know, we might need it". Hey it needs a new roof.

The main reason for my argument was there was fraud either by AMP-OHIO or Peabody Energy. Along with what knowledge did that council have about electricity in 2007? What right did they believe they had to risk city money on this venture?
I don't expect an answer or a sighting at a council meeting because you seem to want to remain Anonymous for some reason or another.
If I'm all wet prove it! I'd love to be shocked by all this.

 
At December 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just walk quietly in. Please don't wake anyone!

 
At December 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:46. My sources are actually two disinterested third parties. One is an investment broker, the other is my CPA. Neither has failed to help me make money and both believe Painesville has positioned itself well with their power investments.

I would take you up on your bet, but I prefer making my money honestly and fairly, and accepting your bet would be neither as I already know that you can "arrive unannounced and gain admission." I've done it myself. You press this button on a intercom thing and they'll buzz you in and invite you up to their office. If you want a tour, though, you might want to call ahead to make sure someone will be available, as I have found them to be quite busy when I've gone in.

7:48 Term. I have no interest in debating you, and as far as going to a council meeting, I have many times. And I have seen accurate information shared with you many times and you refuse to accept it, because it doesn't fit into your preconceived ideas. For instance, where did you take the prairie state bill to have it analyzed? A known anti-coal organization. Of course they would have a lot a negative things to say, which is just what you want to hear.

I choose anonymity because I feel the facts can stand all by themselves.

Oh... one question... have you ever purchased bonds? If so, did you then have to pay for them a second time, with interest? Painesville invested in bonds. They can uses them to offset levelization costs

 
At December 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:20 O.k. first would your broker and or CPA if given the chance for you to buy into PSEC advise you to do so? If yes, time to find new people.
O.K. we both have visited the power plant. Can you explain all the money spent there in the last few years and no power produced, or very limited amounts. Ask your broker if he would advise you to invest in a company that produced nothing and yet kept a staff on hand...just in case?
O.K. I am anti-coal, but being anti or for something doesn't change the financial facts. Coal is obsolete. I guess being dirty unhealthy and expensive aren't good enough reasons?
O.K. No I have not but what were the original purpose in securing the bonds? Were they purchased for levelization?? I think not. and the reason they were we will make us have to repurchase them.
I guess it comes down to this. Would you have invested in Prairie State with your money?
Maybe with someone else's?
Was this administration informed and educated enough to risk resident assets and futures on these power plant deals?
Please stay Anonymous so when the s@#t hits the fan you can question why this all happened.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home