Wednesday, September 7, 2016

"WE HAVE NO SECRETS" carly simon



We have no secrets
We tell each other everything
Often I wish I never knew....


Well before I start two councilmen were excused by councilwoman Shoop. Councilman DeLeone and drumroll ....Tom Fitzgerald. So we start out with only five in attendance.

Ordinances 1 and 2 passed and even after the public hearing I have no clue what this was all about? Remember just a milk truck driver.

Resolution #3  well we will ask the state to fund this no vote was needed.

Resolution #4 Expansion of Horvath's Lagoons by land bank donated another 6 acres of underwater land. That if you look at a map there is neither assess or parking . Told no idea why we spent $250,000 on the original 16 acres ( guess it's another one of those secrets?) So the best case answer is that purchase was made so people could fish there?

Resolution #5 Well I guess Painesville will inherit that property to be responsible for?

Resolution #6 1.5 million for new switchgear as well as a building. To his credit councilman Fodor questioned why the battery building couldn't be used? Answer, It's in the wrong place.

Visitor time:

Another former city employee claimed the city owed him back pay? As well as being refused  his unemployment?

Mr. Stenot questioned why  the gas company hadn't patched Jackson St.?

Harvey Athletic Booster came to council asking them for a donation to help sponsor Harvey athletes. Now I know best the amount of time as well as energy this group unselfishly gives back to the community. I see no problem with a donation that helps as many students as they do. Hell, if you can give 6 or 7 people in the DPO $28,000 what's another $1,750.00? Here's an idea to you Harvey Boosters go ask the DPO for sponsorship. Or do they just ask for money?

I again questioned city council about my request for former city manager Tony Carson's  contract where again I was met with silence? I also mentioned the 32,000 extra vehicles that will be using the Richmond St. ramps starting September 19th. No surprises that Monday.

Civil Service as well as board members will receive no pay, it was their way of giving back to the community.

The Parking Garage demolishing was given an extra three weeks.

One final thing as I let the council meeting I was handed a manila envelope with the information I requested.


Please don't anyone take this as a bad reflection on Tom Fitzgerald. I believe Tom is a good and honorable man that somehow got trussed into a council-at-large race, maybe just to not let John Murphy have that seat? I have no idea. But in the almost three years on council Mr. Fitzgerald has honestly missed to many meeting. I realize he has outside responsibly with his business that takes him away from Painesville. Could Tom see it in his heart to resign his position and let the six other council people appoint  someone to serve Painesville in his spot? Mr. Fitzgerald I believe has never cast a bad vote, he just hasn't cast enough.

14 Comments:

At September 7, 2016 at 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard there is a shakeup in the garbage industry with waste management buying universal. Meet the new garbage man. Same as the old garbage man?

 
At September 7, 2016 at 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We certainly don't need current council picking someone. Let's wait and see if the people can do better in an election. And shame on Fitzgerald; he knew he wouldn't be available, but yet ran for the seat anyway. Dishonest and despicable. He pulled the wool over the eyes of the citizens of Painesville. Shame on him.

 
At September 7, 2016 at 6:12 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

1:21 Those two have been tied at the hip for awhile.
1:48 Don't want to blame anyone as well as many telling residents this would happen. We need a full council.

 
At September 7, 2016 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1:48
I disagree with at least part of what you write.
He did run for the spot BUT he never did any campaigning. That told me that he really wasn't interested.
I blame the voters. We (all of us) elected him to the position without really looking at what we were getting.
That is "shame on us".

 
At September 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Sandy Miller said...

I believe old council did pick Fitzgerald. I believe he got taped on the shoulder from an old council president and reluctantly stuck his name on the ballot. A woman who voted for him said he was a nice guy. I asked why he didn't show up for; meet the candidate night or any other public meeting and she said he had a business to run. And when I did my homework on Mr Fitzgerald I found he had put his bed and breakfast on the market several times and seemed like he wanted out of Painesville. I was surprised when he was elected but not surprised at his lack of appearing for council meetings. I was surprised at how many times he was excused by council. And so it goes here in the 'ville....... Fitzgerald getting on council made me start to think things were not always on the up and up around here.

 
At September 8, 2016 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:19 from 1:48. I get your point, but I respectfully disagree. He ran; he's responsible for his own actions. I believe he duped the people of Painesville, and shame on him. Us too, I guess, but it's on him. He ran for a seat he knew he would not be here to fill. For whatever reason that he did it, it was wrong and dishonest. It reflects very poorly on his character, and it is a huge disservice to the citizens of Painesville.

 
At September 8, 2016 at 5:54 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

2:09 I believe you have the right slant on this. If he resigns or not I don't see him running next year. Must need that $6,000?

 
At September 9, 2016 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? After weeks/months of harping for the information on Carson. You wanted it but wasn't getting it, so you have it; now what? Either it wasn't that juicy or there was no conspiracy. After all that why wouldn't you clue the residents in? way too much drama.

 
At September 9, 2016 at 3:28 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

12:55I guess I just want an attorneys opinion on what's there? Look the attorney of record isn't even Joe Gurley?
I can't even tell on my own is he working for the city or Mr. Carson?
Just in layman's terms I see nothing in what I read to justify $171,000? Nor any reason, Probably by Monday.

 
At September 9, 2016 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would think other council people would grow tired of constantly excusing him? They knew what the requirements were when they ran for council.
Or was Tom just a departing gift to all of us from council-president Joe Hada?

 
At September 9, 2016 at 5:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

An attorney? Attorney got a name? You are paying an attorney to comb through those papers? Seriously doubt that. Doubt someone is doing it pro bono either. Who are you trying to fool.

 
At September 10, 2016 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:45 Not that it's any of your business My daughter Jamie is married to Todd Gray of the law firm Mannion & Gray I guess I could ask him? you can verify this fact with a conversation with councilman DeLeone?

 
At September 10, 2016 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five double dippers at Painesville Power; McHugh, Morton, Machuta Newton and Pike

 
At September 10, 2016 at 3:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks 813. Please hurry and light a fire under that son in law. We've been waiting a long time to hear this big contract and buyout news.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home