Saturday, March 19, 2016

RAMBLIN' MAN allman brothers band



Lord, I was born a ramblin' man
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can

Even daughters!

As a parent you never really stop looking at your children as well children. They can join the Military, Peace Corp, Whatever they will always be your kid!

Now my oldest daughter I can assure you was never a problem growing up high school, college and although never embracing sports in  her younger years today it at the gym in the morning and at Progressive Field or the Q go figure?

Well she is presently a vice-president in a company I have no idea what she or they do? Jamie's husband is a successful attorney and a partner in a Cleveland law firm.

We talk or text daily a couple of weeks ago Jamie claimed she need a break and so did her husband Todd. They mentioned a short week in Cancun to revitalize ? Said she would keep me informed.

When in Cancun the two decided they needed an adventure. So off to a Mexican Airline and  flew non-stop to Havana, Cuba. That's not the end of their adventure. Instead of getting a suite at a Havana hotel they decided to stay at a sort of bed and breakfast in a village outside of town. They wanted a feel of the people as well as the country. Everything is cash with a 10% surcharge. No ATM, no Visa, no MasterCard just cash. To get into Cuba all you need is a $25.00 Visa they didn't even stamp their passports?

As they drove from the airport billboards of Fidel and even the Ayatollah were present. A very uncomfortably setting.

She told me of all the people  they encountered, all were friendly and warm. Zero animosity towards American's. As news spread in the village that two American's were staying nearby villager's came to see for themselves. My daughter explained of an old woman in her mid-eighty's who cried as she touched her hand. In Spanish she claimed that she thought she would never see another American in her life! Children viewed them as from a fantasy story.

I asked what life was like for them? Well they are the poorest of the poor, do they have TV's I asked? TV's they don't even have electricity. As we all know President Obama will make a visit to Cuba next week to open up doors that have been closed for over 50 years. As Jamie reflected the U.S. embargo only hurt the little people and in a strange way made the Castro's even more powerful.

Look I know the reason for the embargo in the first place but long enough is long enough. Our country has opened relationships with Viet Nam and yet this still goes on in Cuba. The Castro's can't live forever and it's time to let our neighbor to the south be recognized.

As for the silence from my daughter for four days (no cell phone service in Cuba) it may be time to have another sit-down talk! Although I will hear Dad you always told me to find out for myself!



What you can look forward too!
"You know it doesn't matter what the media writes as long as you've got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." Drumpf

" The beauty of me is that I'm very rich" Drumpf

"I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter perhaps I'd be dating her" Drumpf

"My IQ is one of the highest and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure; it's not your fault." Drumpf

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Korea for the next big adventure?

 
At March 20, 2016 at 11:54 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:24 There adventurous but not stupid.
Guess they wanted to visit before our President does?

We can only hope the influx of American dollars doesn't destroy the Cuban heritage.

 
At March 21, 2016 at 5:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mexico, then Cuba. Wow. Wow. Can't quite find the words.
For your sake only TERM, I'm happy they were unharmed.
As for N. Korea, there is a student spending 15 years in prison for his stupid decision.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home