Tuesday, March 15, 2016

'BABY WHAT A BIG SURPRISE" chicago

  



Baby what a big surprise
Right before my very eyes


Before I get into the school board meeting let me tell you about the presentation to the meeting.

The topic  (Writers of the week ) Winners

It must be nerve racking for some of the younger students to publicly do this but they came through with flying color's

Natalie Boskovic Maple 5th  essay Stuck in the game
Joe Newton  Harvey 11th, Craaaaaah People Crasssssssh People
Javier Lazaro Medina 3rd    essay The Wolf and the Cheetah
Elizabeth Kelly 6th  essay The fight of the Brothers
Everett Walker Harvey 11th speech The importance of Family

Everett Walker 's speech seemed to mesmerize  the audience. If you have the opportunity to view it on the school channel please do so. It was a well thought out speech and this is one young man who get's it. Both of his parents can be very proud of the job they did raising this young man. I see a very bright future for this young man.

A special presentation to Chestnut student Owen Updike for being district spelling champion. ( I could use that kid)

I questioned the administration on where they were presently  on a SRO for Heritage Middle? I brought up the school story on the website the positive influence that Officer Ponder had on student's lives at Harvey. I believe starting this program in the middle school could expose student's to the duties and responsibilities of a police officer at an earlier age and better dialogue as they go through life. What makes Officer Ponder successful is that everyone is treated the same. Not all life lessons can be learned from a Chromebook . I guess the wheel's move slowly? I'm not going away.

I also explained my reason for Ohio Checkbook to be used in our district. One thing in local government I  keep hearing is "Transparency" I mentioned that I believed there were less then a 100 people in town that knew what a new school bus costs, and it might be eye-opening to resident's when you ask them for a levy.

Board President Charles Tackett thanked be for bringing it up and he himself was thinking about bringing this subject up with  the rest of the board.

Cost is the only issue and  Treasurer Mrs. Sherri Samac said that all the information is out there and putting it on the state site could be accomplished.



Please if you haven't already go out and vote. It makes no matter to me who you vote for, but remember if you don't vote you shouldn't b#^@ch!

I will tell you one thing this is the strangest election year I have witnessed.

5 Comments:

At March 16, 2016 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mentor School's Issue 3 passed yesterday. I will never vote YES for another PCLS levy until they go to Ohio checkbook. I will share your blog with friends and family. This will be the only way their wheel's will turn!

 
At March 17, 2016 at 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is already transparent...go to 58 Jefferson st..ask for Sherri Samac...she will show you anything you want. It worked for me!

 
At March 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

3:10 If it already transparent why does someone have to go to 58 Jefferson St. What about people who work during the day? Plus
Mrs. Samac has enough responsibilities to concern herself with without every Tom, Dick and Harry bothering her. Look put the information on the website and anyone can look at it at their convenience. And not bother anyone. It's called efficiency.

 
At March 18, 2016 at 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the Lake County Commissioners claim all their data is available upon request and we don't need Ohiocheckbook. That's not full disclosure, transparency or open government! Malecek and Moran are up for re-election in the Fall. If their opponents favor Ohiocheckbook they'll have my vote.

 
At March 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

9:13 Can't find fault in your logic.

Malecek and Moran had better wise up.
But then do we know if their opponents favor Ohio Checkbook?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home