Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"MIRAGE" tommy james & the shondells

 Next Commissioners Meeting; August 20,2015 10:00 AM fourth-floor Nolan Building



"I see you standing n the alleys and the hallways"

Well I attended my first county commissioners meeting in quite a long time.

Must admit it seems to be a more organized meeting than the one I usually attend.

Must of been out of town the day King Troy was appointed. I haven't seen arrogance like that since.... oh, never mind.

Well me and three other's brought up the Mexican Maticula Card. We were all told it's just a "Ceremonial" card. Fine but for who and why?

Let's be honest for a minute if you are Mexican and in this country legally chances are you have all the proof and cards you need. So who are the bearers of this card? People from Mexico who shouldn't be here? Maybe?

Well my questioned centered on where or who proposed this card ten years ago. Was it a immigration group? or the county nursery businesses as to have I.D. so they could cash their payroll check?

Commissioner Troy was very nice to me [probably because he hadn't seen me before?] But later in the conversation he did admit to talking with someone from HOLA about this card. Oh, so VD was involved in 2005?

Commissioner Moran asked some of us what and why did we oppose this card.
My reason was perception in that who else brought a resolution for this card  from any  other county commissioners throughout the Midwest? It give in my view an unearned sanctuary place called Lake County, Ohio

I claimed in reading the story in the Gazette this card reminded me of a persons appendix. No problem no function , until it decides to burst  then it's a problem. As in the case of the 'uncle' a couple of weeks ago.

Some claim certain banks and businesses use this card for identification. Which they shouldn't.

I will continue to follow this ceremonial card.

OR, maybe this card is just a Mirage?

*************************************************************************

Someone ask John Nemeth where the Yakity-Yak was?

5 Comments:

At August 12, 2015 at 5:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the Commissioner asked why you opposed the card, I guess my reply would have been something like "why does our government feel a need to provide an identification for people who are not here legally?".
OTOH, this should make it easier to find them since they should have to provide some sort of proof as to who they are, how they got here, and where they live. After all, I have to provide that info to get a driver's license.
I guess I am not too clear as to why banks accept this card.
Is it really proof of anything?

 
At August 12, 2015 at 9:19 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:26 'Our Government' has nothing to do with this Matricular Card this is a card issued to Mexican Nationals by the Mexican Government period. No Fed, State, or local government in this country had anything to do with it.
Now if your in this country legally you have all the right cards or documents only those who don't would want this card.

Now in todays News-Herald a letter to the editor by Ms. Kimberly Laurie explains in depth why this card is worthless.
Ms. Laurie a political novice who ran against Commissioner Troy last November where he barely tweaked out a win.
Next year she will run against Commissioner Moran and you can bet this card will be front and center. The question commissioner Moran must ask herself is this ceremonial card worth jeopardizing he career as a commissioner? A resolution passed ten years ago when she wasn't even on the board? Look this was a resolution to make someone 'feel good' VD or some business group. The time is past when this resolution should go. Or there will be a good chance commissioner Troy will be looking at new faces in a little over a year. Me I'm a lifetime Democrat making this statement.

 
At August 12, 2015 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So will there be a chance they will reverse this card?
When are these meetings? Day and time? (2PM in the afternoon, is this correct? if so, how do the working folk attend)
King Troy? I have never had such an arrogant person speak like he did to me. On 2 occasions and both times he talked down to me, will never-ever vote for him.

 
At August 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Term,
This is 5:26.
I was under them impression that these cards had been issued in this country.
I guess I was wrong.
If they are/were issued in Mexico, I guess my problem with them is less.
Would a Mexican driver's license be valid?
I am asking because I really don't know.
I guess I am more concerned with people driving here, illegally and without insurance, than I am with cashing checks.
Apparently there is a lot about these that I never heard of.

9:34 I always felt Troy was a pompous a$$. I guess if he talked like that to me, I would remind him that being elected to an office does not give him that right.

 
At August 12, 2015 at 2:19 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:35 Your right they are issued in this country by the Mexican government out of their Consulate in Detroit.

The more I learn the more I wonder why the commissioners passed that resolution in 2005. Shouldn't have been. We have council-presidents as well as council people doing unexplained things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home