Tuesday, June 30, 2015

"WHAT MAKES A GOOD MAN?" heavy's


Last Sunday the Reverend Jerry Kalb gave his last sermon at Painesville Methodist Church on the square. The Kalb family came to Painesville in 1989 and have no idea what a lasting impression they have left on this community.

Speaking out loud Sunday he questioned if today was Christmas ?  He possesses and great sense of humor along with many other things.

Reverend Kalb has been there for everyone, his church was the most welcoming I have ever known. My daughter was a member until moving away a few years ago. She even came back for his last sermon Sunday.

Reverend Kalb also donated his time also to the Painesville School Board.

As a practicing Catholic I could not believe how warm and welcoming his church was. I enjoyed the children's minute when the little ones spoke with him. His sermons were to the point.

A lasting impression of his congregation was when Reverend Kalb Baptist my Grandson Austin. The following weeks many in the congregation  came to check on him at services. Never asking "how's the baby" but "how's Austin this week?"

Yes the Reverend and his family have been a fixture around Painesville for quite some time. I even remember my father telling be what fine young men his sons were in football.

I am hoping he will still be around town . His wisdom makes him invaluable.

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2015 at 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to here to say congratulations to Rev Kalb. Great guy. Last time I heard him speak, he eulogized at a friends funeral. I hoped that he could do mine some day, but, unless he needs pin money, I will not expect him to now.
Thanks Jerry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home