Sunday, June 7, 2015

"COME MONDAY" jimmy buffit

All in all I'd say Painesville had a pretty good week. Some expected things as well as some unexpected.

I will get to Monday later, let's start with Tuesday. The Open House at Steele Manson  what can you say? It's like a Phoenix rising in the middle of our town.

General Paine is back on his perch where he should be.

First Friday appears to have been a success, along with a wonderful car show. Thanks to the people that make it all possible.

The Lincoln Funeral Train, seemed pretty organized to me and I believe will  it exceeded my 2,500 estimate by a lot.

Saturday also included Painesville AMVETS a remembrance of D-Day along with a Wall that included all Ohioans who died in Viet Nam. Who we all should be proud of those veterans. They did what they were ordered to do.

A little something this week for everybody.

Drove past the electricity plant and what do by ears hear?  The cooling towers. Seems we will be producing power for the next two weeks.

And finally I never realized how happy I could be driving down E. Erie St. sure it's a work in progress but wow what an improvement!

Now Monday seems to have been the down day, all over a stupid letter from a resident. Councilman Flock seems to be the target of ire for many of you? Although I wish we could all see the letter certain people I believe don't want us to see it. When I asked councilman Flock if he was mentioned in the letter his response was NO. Thinking back now I remember him saying he didn't like people being threatened? So who was threatened? The city manager, law director, department head or any employee and by who and why? As a resident of the city I believe we should know the answer to this question as well if it was true, or did councilman Flock misunderstand the letter?
Thanks again to councilwoman Lori DiNallo  for another mystery.

14 Comments:

At June 7, 2015 at 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please, let's not be acting like the judge threatened someone's life or something. If she threatened anyone, she was probably saying she would go after their jobs, and that would be fine with me. Quit trying to put Flock's behavior back on the judge. Flock needs to shut up.

 
At June 7, 2015 at 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a "Sunshine Law" in the State of Ohio. That letter [or email] is public record and available upon request. Quite frankly, I could care less if the Judge moved.

 
At June 7, 2015 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

6:00/6:05 I guess my question is should the letter be made public? Why and Why not.
I for one can't believe Mrs. DiNallo acted on this letter at a public meeting without consent of the Judge?

 
At June 7, 2015 at 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the train today. It was packed with over a 2 hour wait. Had I known it would be that long, I probably wouldn't have gone, but either way, it was great for Painesville. The guy on the microphone said it was by far their largest crowd so far. I just wish there was more around for all the people to patronize. I hope some of that money raised can help the restoration of the train station. It was well staffed and organized, and it would be great if the station can be completely restored.

 
At June 7, 2015 at 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the letter should be made public. Karen Lawson should go on record otherwise rumor and innuendo will continue. Don't expect to write and sign letter to 7 Council members and then expect it to be confidential.

 
At June 8, 2015 at 8:05 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

7:07 I agree I have forwarded a request from myself for all correspondence between Judge Lawson and the City of Painesville. Let's learn what all the hubbub is about finally.

 
At June 8, 2015 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to be more then right about attendance at the railroad station. You claimed 2,500 they almost did that many on Saturday. It was a wonderful opportunity for Painesville.

 
At June 8, 2015 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This town is falling around us and there is so much stink over a silly letter. I think if Ms. Lawson was upset she had every right to send a letter. I also believe as a council person Mr. Flock should handle himself better. His cruel remarks were uncalled for. This should be between the Judge and Flock, no need to air her letter and he should learn to hold his temper and tongue.

 
At June 8, 2015 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the current issue of Cleveland Magazine under the article Rating the Suburbs, Painesville City was rated last in the category of Environmental Infractions! Source: The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency's database of "reported" polluted sites. Our safety rank and Education rank was actually higher than our Environmental rank. What is more troubling, when I asked City Officials they had no idea what I was talking about. Who knows what lurks beneath those fake brick sidewalks?

 
At June 8, 2015 at 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was at the school board meeting tonight and there seems to be something stewing between juvenile justice center and superintendent John Sheppard. Sounds like he pulled all teachers out of juvenile hall with a 24 hour notice ending a 30 plus year program without the knowledge of the school board.

 
At June 9, 2015 at 8:41 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:18 Free Country I agree but the way council handled the discussion was absolutely wrong.
I guess if I had received the letter would it had been such a big deal.

12:11 Or those cattails beneath the ground the city annexed?

7:28 See if you agree with my last post?

 
At June 12, 2015 at 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

DOES ANYBODY THINK SHEPARD OR #2 OR 3 are doing a good job with PCLS????????????

 
At June 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are #2 #3? Dr. Englehart? Haffa?

 
At June 22, 2015 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

correct ON 2 AND 3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home