Friday, November 1, 2013

EDWARD C. POWERS 1950-2013

I was deeply saddened when I opened the paper and read about the passing of Ed Powers. Many longtime Painesville residents have known Ed throughout his whole life here in Painesville.

Ed was born in the same year as I was and knew each other since grade school. When I first met Ed as a child I felt sad for him  due to his disability. As I grew older he became an inspiration to me. Many times we hear about self made people Ed was one of those.

At times in my life I had felt God had dealt me a lousy hand  in life, well it seems at those moments Ed somehow appeared in my life and  gave me a sense of reality. At a time in my life when I questioned  the existence of God It was an inspiration for me to see the faith and devotion Ed had in God. You didn't even have to have a conversation with him, you could witness it  in his eyes and in his action.

If there was ever a person that could have had an excuse to just give up it was him, but no his life is filled with accomplishments that anyone would be proud of. Yes he did have an impeccable reputation.

Many tears will be shed in his passing today in Painesville. My families sympathy goes out to the Powers family who my father told me had qualities that he wished we all could strive for.

Have sadness that he only spent a same amount of time with us, I am sure God has a special place in Heaven for him. God Bless and Rest In Peace Ed. And Thank-you.

My prayers are with you Kathleen and your family.

3 Comments:

At November 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous Christine Howlett said...

Term, beautifully said.

 
At November 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night, some of Ed's friends and family got together to share special memories of Ed Powers. We even hoisted a shot of Jamison Irish Whiskey on his behalf. I've spent over 30 years looking up at Ed. In many ways, he was the tallest man I knew. May he rest in peace.

 
At November 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sad to say that I didn't know Ed. What was his disability? It sounds like he sure didn't let it hold him back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home