Saturday, October 19, 2013

"SIGNS, SIGNS, EVERYWHERE A SIGN" five man electrical band

Lot of questions concerning signs in this election. First off can you be your own treasurer? Yes you can.

How can you put out an election sign like  NO$ without anything? Well what does NO$ promote? Nothing it's a statement like 'Be Happy' or 'Live Free'. I guess it's left up to the reader to decide?

Now comes one I question, Elect Tom Fitzgerald this with a nice picture of his house. Near the bottom it states,   Paid for by friends of Tom Fitzgerald?  Tom who are your friends? Do they have an address? Now I question if this yard sign is legal. Tom will have to expose his 'friends' to the election board on October 24, 2013  with his campaign filing.

Until then, if I were John Murphy I would head down to the Board of Election Monday morning and ask if these election signs are legal?  All political signs I believe need an address on them, I could be wrong but if  I'm not, someone is either going to take the signs down or physically correct them before election day. Wonder what John will find out?

Seems many other's ignored this;

Disclaimer Required

A sign, newspaper advertisement, literature or other political communication not listed in the "disclaimer exemption" paragraph below, must include the name of the entity responsible, and the name and residence or business address of the candidate or chairperson , treasurer or secretary or the committee or campaign fund in a conspicuous place on the political publication.
[R.C. 3517.20]

(I WAS WRONG SIGN LAW CHANGED IN JANUARY 2013)

Take my word a yard sign is not an exemption.

***********************************************************************************

Speaking about an electrical band.

It seems  'someone' provided Galion council with some misinformation? If you look at the agenda of Painesvilles Monday's 10/21/13 council meeting . It made it to the table, lukewarm or not.

3. RESOLUTION:    AUTHORIZING THE CITY MANAGER TO REQUEST AN INVESTIGATION INQUIRY TO THE OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE REGARDING PRAIRIE STATE ENERGY CAMPUS PROJECT

Now if any of you wish to speak for or against this resolution come to Monday's council meeting.
If seems  many believe this is an environmental issue it's not. Many believe it is to blame council people who voted for this, it's not. All that we ask is that the attorney general look into the facts and find out if we were told the truth.

What it is about is paying $104.04 kWH when the open market it costs $45.00 kMH? This is like buying a farm and a dairy and producing milk that cost's you $5.29 a gallon and you could walk up to the corner store and purchase it for $2.99 a gallon. You decide?

It will be interesting to see who on council is at least willing to look out for the ratepayers of Painesville Power. What we are asked to pay for electricity is not a  "redundant question".
Let's find out what was and wasn't promised.

26 Comments:

At October 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM , Anonymous JaHada said...

Seems the former head of the Election Board is helping Mr. Fitzgerald with his fundraiser. John should save his time and energy. The fix is in.

 
At October 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM , Anonymous JaHada said...

JaHada again odd how Joe defends this deal, even promotes it as a good deal. Now my question is if the plant is operating at a rate higher than expected why is the cost so high? Why isn't he upset at the cost we are paying?

 
At October 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Becks and RE-ELECT on her signs ? this must not be legal?

New people to the city might think she is the incumbent, this is not fair
to other people running.......

 
At October 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

8:07 Your not going to get an argument from me. If it's not dishonest it's bending the truth.
I don't have a problem with Return.
Bending other things has got us into many problems around here.

 
At October 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seen plenty on NO signs where are the signs promoting the levys?

 
At October 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Term and John might get surprise come Monday. Or they might just head down to Columbus for an answer they may not like.

 
At October 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I can understand Becks not following this rule but Dinallo?

 
At October 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

12:14 Look all I did was read what the Election Board gave a candidate last May.
I like going to Columbus. One Judge claims he knows me from someplace and likes me? Glad he doesn't think I owe him money. I have never seen the guy. You do learn alot going down there.

 
At October 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

12:17 What are you talking about? I checked Mrs. DiNallo's sign again and it had the correct information?

 
At October 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Term, when will you post that you don't know the current rules on signs. You will find that both signs are legal according to the new rules. Friends of and re-elect if you are using older signs that you payed for are legal. If you don't believe the Lake County Board of Elections then a drive to Columbus is in your plans.

Of course, your plan to insinuate wrong doing just before the election might just be why you brought it up in the first place.

 
At October 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

1:42 Seems the verbage at the bottom of yard signs was changed in January 2013. It the booklet I received at the Election Board in May of this year was outdated? I apoligize to anyone who was inconvenienced.
Guess I won't be going to Columbus?

 
At October 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

1:42 Seems the verbage at the bottom of yard signs was changed in January 2013. It the booklet I received at the Election Board in May of this year was outdated? I apoligize to anyone who was inconvenienced.
Guess I won't be going to Columbus?

 
At October 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

12:13 Maybe that committee has the same problem I have? NO$

 
At October 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WILL BE VOTING FOR FITZGERALD BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE HIM TERM

 
At October 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of Aston signs going up next to Becks signs, makes you wonder if Aston is Becks Dean ? Pull just enough votes away from DiNallo for her to win, like Dean did for Werner.

We saw how that worked out.

 
At October 23, 2013 at 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That person is not using older signs because they sat reelect and return to these are new ones

 
At October 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:11 Check your ballot Becks is running against DiNallo, Aston is running against Fodor.
8:16 Your beaking my heart! Well I have my reasons to vote for someone and I guess you have yours.
It's not that I don't like him but will he be in Painesville or Ireland when we need him?

 
At October 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many trips has Flock taken to Europe?

 
At October 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:22 I don't know? But I do know he doesn't do it for a living?

 
At October 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

TERM
YOU KNOW SO MUSH IT IS SCARY YOUR SO SMART YOU KNOW ALL I WILL VOTE FOR WHO EVER YOU DON'T LIKE

 
At October 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Term
I have to assume that 7:46 was making reference to grey matter when he mentions "mush". After all, doesn't everyone proof check BEFORE they hit "send"?
Apparently not a Harvey grad as he doesn't like punctuation either.
Scary thought, these people vote!

 
At October 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:40 With dealing in other matters my answer to you was way to long in coming.
First I would be the first to tell anyboady if there was some hankie-pankie going on at the Board of Election.
I have know Mrs. Clair for a long time and her reputation speaks for itself.
It matters not to me who she supports and she has a right to support whatever and whoever she chooses. My concern was the information from the BOE I received in May. No way would mrs. Clair let mr. Fitzgerald slide for that matter no one. I admit I was wrong about the letter of the law on signage. But please this allegation has zero facts.

 
At October 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:59 I do it a lot,sorry. I'm glad 7:46 is reading the blog. I guess I'm missing an opportunity here? Maybe I could get paid by a condidate to support their oposition? Stange reason to vote for mush people?

 
At October 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

only smart people like you cant vote
term I am with the mush! people don't make fun of people who don't
agree with you!! lib!!!!!

 
At October 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

7:50 my 12:04 was meant in humor. Please read it again? How can I make fun of someone without even knowing who they are?
Leave something on the blog. and you must expect what you get.
I never claimed to be anything.
You than attack lib's? Is that to define me or upset me?

 
At October 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has always meant that when cap letters we used they were shouting at someone. Why are they shouting at you? They can vote for whoever they want. They came to you.
Don't like whats printed here don't click on. It's simple

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home