Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"DON'T COME AROUND HERE NO MORE" tom petty and the heartbreakers

Well Monday found me riding down to Columbus with councilman Flock to hear the presentation by AMP-OHIO on Prairie State Energy Campus. ( I wasn't allowed in the presentation, but Hilton Hotels have wonderful facility's.)

As I sat in the cafe' I watched Mrs. DiNallo, Mr. Fodor, Mr.Hada enter the hotel I said hello ,two responded. Councilman Flock was already in the presentation room. Wonder why no one asked Andy to ride down with them?

That said our city manager Mr. Carson and electric superintendent Mr. McHughs were at the meeting along with the four council members I mentioned along with Mr. Hach who must have slipped by me? Seven people in all from Painesville.

Then the fireworks began Mr. Flock asked in stabilization, levelization were the same thing and will this money have to be paid back when and with interest? After deliberation the attorney for AMP-OHIO made a comment "you are wrong now and you have been wrong before?" Yes all stabilization and/or levelization money must be paid back. No comment on the interest? Councilman Flock than asked whey the number of $48.06 was given as the amount for electric rates in 2013? AMP-OHIO claimed the $48.06 number was just an 'estimate.' Begs the question that the council members that voted for Prairie State were all wrong also?

After the meeting a person sitting at the event mentioned to me that the "take or pay" part of the deal was a good idea? Couldn't help myself although I wanted to know where he was from I didn't ask. He mention it was explained that it was presented to him as something like a home mortgage? I asked him it they also were involved with AMPGS? Yes,  he answered. I explained to him if it's like a home mortgage at least in that case you get a house?I'm starting to understand how and why this contract was pulled over the eyes of different community's.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As someone mentioned at a different post "Meet The Candidate's Night is tonight Tuesday at 7:00  PM at Harvey 10 10/29/13
Again bring your questions.

Anybody but me notice the educational messages for the levies can be viewed constantly on channel 12, yet for some reason that can't put up a council meeting?

2 Comments:

At October 30, 2013 at 5:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even have words about last night. Arlene Beck's has no idea what she is talking about when it comes to anything about energy in this city.

She and Hal Werner have formed a group for a mayor instead of a city manager? And guess who wants to sit on the throne under the golden dome?

The moderator did a pretty good job not letting the evening turn into the Arlene Beck's show.

Very disappointed Mr. Fitzgerald was not there. He was traveling! Imagine that, I believe that is how his seat will look on council if elected, empty.

Also disappointed in Mr Fodor's opponent, seemed clueless but Ms Beck's seems to be aligning herself with Rene Aston. Yeah another shocking move, not.

I walked away thinking, is this really the best Painesville has to offer? Reminded me of the good Dr. Hanlon when he said; I can only teach what you give me.

 
At October 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:08 see new post .
Becks and Werner? The only thing I will comment on is the point in Lake County only Mentor and Painesville have city managers? These two are spearheading this.
Don't agree with your thoughts on Rene Aston. She at least went looking for a grocery store to come to Painesville? Mr. Fodor keeps telling me to shop downtown? Can I purchase a dress shirt, dress shoes, high heels shoes for women, a dress? Toys for children? I can't even purchase gift cards for other merchants downtown like a Macy gift card. Unless you only purchases are for a set of tires a dozen donuts, sub sandwich I kinda glad I'm not on is Christmas list.
Ms. Becks appeared to hitch on to Mrs Astons but must admit I didn't see a 'hitch' put forth by mrs. Alston?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home