Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"FORTUNATE SON" ccr

Yesterday's Council Meeting  had two items on the Agenda;
Legislation:

RESOLUTION:  SETTING FORTH WHAT SERVICE WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE CITY OF PAINESVILLE TO THE UNINCORPORATED AREA LOCATED AT 1450 WEST JACKSON STREET (PPN:  11-A-016-B-OO-022-0) AND 1392 WEST JACKSON STREET (PPN: 11-A-016-B-00-022-0) IN PAINESVILLE TOWNSHIP, OHIO, PETITIONING FOR ANNEXATION TO THE CITY OF PAINESVILLE THROUGH PETITION FOR ANNEXATION OF TERRITORY, FILED SEPTEMBER 13,2013

RESOLUTION: SETTING FORTH THE CITY OF PAINESVILLE'S COMMITMENT TO ESTABLISH BUFFERING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UNINCORPORATED AREA LOCATED AT 1450 WEST JACKSON STREET (11-A-016-B-00-22-0) AND 1393 WEST JACKSON STREET 9PPN; 11-A-016-B-00-022-0) IN PAINESVILLE TOWNSHIP, OHIO PETITIONING FOR ANNEXATION TO THE CITY OF PAINESVILLE THROUGH PETITION FOR ANNEXATION OF TERRITORY, FILED SEPTEMBER 13,2013

Now lets cut to the chase,  Osborne properties owns these two parcel ls and filed with the county to be annexed into the city. Now Painesville has 20 days to answer this request that was filed on 09/13/13 it was not on the agenda for the council meeting on 09/16/13 so the need of a special meeting. These properties want to be brought into the city so as to receive sanitary sewers to the property. Now as it was explained the owner of the property would pay for all costs to run the sanitary sewer to the properties. One building is on the property and the ONE employee is presently using a porta-potty. Now council asked some very interesting questions and seemed to be a bit confused. but went ahead and voted yes on the resolutions.

Now three members in the audience wanted to ask questions/comment on the annexation and in the wisdom of our Council-President that they were not allowed to speak on the matter, even after a councilman asked if the visitors could be recognized Mr. Hada's answer was  "not at this time."
After the vote was taken and council was to go into Executive Session a resident (not me) asked why there was no public comment? The answer from Mr. Hada was I didn't know anyone wanted to comment? Now Joe must have ignored the hand's raised in the audience but later stated to the resident  "I" decide at what meeting residents can speak and at what meetings they can't !
What procedure is this? Announce a council meeting send out emails regarding it and not letting residents comment?
Most of the questions from the audience were questions like would the zoning change? If they run the sanitary sewer past township property could they tap in the the line without being annexed into the city? No, your not allowed to ask . It would be nice if we were able to decide what we want or not want from the city?
After the meeting three people asked me what was wrong with the council-president? I believe more and more people realize the "Emperor has no clothes" and his reign is near an end, and going out under conflict is not the way he would choose to go.

Best guess why that property was annexed into the city? Would make a convenient site for another fire station?


9 Comments:

At October 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

JaHada is fortunate he hasn't been run out of town on a rail yet.
That man as you may have found out by know knows all and it's his way or the highway.

 
At October 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous HADAENOUGH said...

The real fortunate ones are the residents and what's let of this town. Between Rita and Joe I don't believe you could do more harm if you tried.

 
At October 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one am counting down the days.
My hope is council will be run in a professional way. The idea that I decide at what meeting someone can speak at is probably the reason things suck so bad around here.
The new council-president should show us good will by again puting the visitors section at the beginning of the meeting. This was done so fewer people would sit through the whole meeting to make a comment.
Thanks for the memories Joe so few good ones.

 
At October 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would agree the current approach is wrong, however, I used to attend meetings and I have to say I understand why it got to this point. Some of the residents that speak make it a very adversarial confrontation when they get up to speak, and we all know that type of approach breeds contempt and more adversary and then it spirals out of control and either becomes a circus or needs shutdown.

 
At October 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

2:02 The approach is wrong. Also the administration and council views anyone with a different idea the enemy.
Look I know I get adversarial at times, but I hope you realize 99% of the time I ask a question I already know the answer and when I am told my facts are wrong, and someone thanks a city offical for the 'true facts' yes it can get heated quickly. Yes it does breed contempt and again have you noticed that one person always knows best? Now look around at what has become of our city?
The Ringmaster causes the circus, and six other people sit in silence as he bullies to get his way.

 
At October 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you claim to know how the members of council think. How could you have the tiniest idea how the new city manager thinks. I think you a blowing your own horn to make the public think you know something they don't. I know many of those on council and have known them for some years and I would never say I knew how they think
. He'll I lived with the same person for over 40 years and not total sure how she thinks . So please explain how you can make that statement about people you see on a limited amount of time

 
At October 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:47 By there actions or non-actions. What other reason could there be? I don't have to blow my horn I have presented council with 'Facts' many time yet the sit in silence for fear of what or who?
You judge a person not by what they think but what they do.
As far as the new city manager he seems to be on a fast track to see the operations of the city. He doesn't stonewall and he's burning the midnight oil. What else am I or anyone to think?

 
At October 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Term: you don't know everything they "do" either. You judge them by what is done publicly, but have NO IDEA what they do when you've left. This is an issue that constantly comes up...you presume to know everything, when what you really know is very little. How often do you actually to a councilperson other than Andy?

 
At October 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:00 No I don't. Now looking around I'd say not much.
I only PRESUME what actions I see. I'm afaid to think of what goes on under a cloud of darkness.
Unlike you I try to find solutions to a council I feel shows little reguard to residents. On the other hand I could careless if they dislike me or not. My self worth doesn't depend on council or the administration think one way or the other about me. Presently I see a council with no clue but to ask for more money. If there were more on council like Andy the people of Painesville would be better served.
Sorry I do talk to other council people from time to time.

I only comment on reality not might, could be's.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home