Monday, June 24, 2013

"OUR HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET talking heads

Couple of hot days finally. As I sat and read the Sunday News-Herald. After scanning the front couple of pages for at least two minutes and sorts for another two. I always read the Real Estate Marketplace .

It's informative as to what and where properties are selling in Painesville as well as surrounding area's.
What caught my eye this weekend were two Painesville properties  A home at 645 Bank St. reportedly sold for $455,000? I was intrigued which home on Bank St. was this? I had two properties in mined. It was neither it was the home right to the south of the Coe Manufacturing Building. Nice house but $455,000 is this a typo? Maybe even the wrong address?
The other home was on Spruce Lane in Heisley Park for $275,800.
So am I to believe if the two levies pass this homeowner will be subject to over $350.00 a year in additional taxes? A little more than the price of a postage stamp isn't it Council-President Hada.
Why in the world would this person living in a new development chose to raise his taxes for roads when he has brand new ones around him?  Forget the house on Bank St. That just can't be right.

In the coming moths the city will form a committee to inform and sway residents to vote for both of these levies. The question has to be will there be a group to oppose them?

6 Comments:

At June 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bank st is a typo it sold for 55,000 on may 23rd according to realtor.com

 
At June 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has to be a typo. There are few (maybe none) houses in the City in the range of $455K. Especially in that area.
Regarding Spruce Ln, $276K for a house on a postage stamp sized lot and zoned R2?? Hope they know where the City easements are! They might have a lot less useable property than they imagined.

 
At June 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Sandy Miller said...

They will ask residents to form committees for these levies? Really? Term, I give you a lot of credit for wading into this cess pool. As one who sat on the Streetscape committee, city charter review and oversight committee and logged a few hours on those fine wooden benches at city hall and better seats for the school board. I have watched a former council woman flip out at a meeting and not for the best interest of the city. I have watched council vote over and and over for stupid things with no accountability and as I have tallied up my hours I realized there were a whole lot of better, more enjoyable things I could have been doing. I have had smoke blown in my face one too many times. Not one thing that would have been for the betterment of this town and it's residents has been passed or approved. I see myself fishing a lot more and letting the wolves fight over the bones of what's left. I will give the new city manager a shot at flipping the Titanic but I for one am out. The arrogance of those in city hall and council is appalling and yet the residents put up with it.

One thing that will be on the ballot in November. The charter review committee recommend changing how many signatures it will take to get on the ballot. You will need 25 signatures in a Ward and 50 if you're running at large. I hope this town sees fit to past that change to our charter. I think and hope you would see a lot more people running for council.

 
At June 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

10:10 Thanks it did get me going for awhile. I thought it was the Coe MFG. office.
Sandy It's like a big comedy show!

 
At June 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of houses. Has anyone from the city noticed that the gutters and downspouts along with copper and other thing stripped from the home on Miller Ct.?
Anyone notice the unlicensed truck sitting on the grass?
Hootersville anyone.
I don't think those professionals at city hall could find it without a GPS.

 
At June 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why complain here? CALL THE CITY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home