Monday, September 3, 2012

"TIME WON'T LET ME" outsiders

A Cleveland band?

Now most of you by now realize I'm in my early 60's and have been around here most of my life.

That said I view changes in Painesville a little differently than some of you newbies that have only been around for 25 years. [sarcasm]

Recently the Painesville McDonald's had  an exterior as well as interior face lift.

Now remember the closest McDonalds to Painesville  when I was was in high school was in Mentor on Mentor Ave. and was a walk up stand with two golden arches with red and white ceramics. 15 cent hamburgers, 19 cent fries, and 25 cent  shakes {at the time they couldn't use the word milk]

Recently I walked into the "new" McDonalds in Painesville. I must be getting old but I got the feeling I was walking into a kindergartner classroom. I not being critical but I must really be getting old. TV's in a McDonalds? short stools odd color's it just seemed strange to me. Two drive-up ordering stations I see future problems here also.

McDonalds has changed it's concept that for sure. Sad I kinda miss the ones I grew up with. Plus the fact a Quarter-pounder burger is now priced at $4.70 alone!

Aw, what do I know I still believe automobiles built in the 60's were the best looking and classiest. Cars today remind me of Refrigerators, they pretty much all look the same.

ENJOY YOUR LABOR DAY HOLIDAY!

7 Comments:

At September 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mentor McDonalds, Dog and Suds, Charlies Drive In, Kenny Kings, P'ville Manners, Friday nite concerts at the Armory, Angelos Pizza, Lake Theatre, Mentor Drive In....now its senior coffe at the new McDonalds.
Happy Labor Day right back at ya..

 
At September 3, 2012 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid I thought Fine Dining was Bert & Jerrys.
The lunch counters at Newberrys and Kresgee's were also a big treat. Really $4.70 for a quarter-pounder with cheese?

 
At September 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

new mcd's reminds me of a european one I was in last year.

 
At September 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, will not buy anything at McDonalds anymore that is over $2.00. I think their prices on many things are outrageous, and if I am going to spend more, then I will go someplace with better food, and better quality food. I don't know where they get off charging so much for some of their burgers, and I cannot figure out why people pay it. I don't eat there very often anyway, so for me it's not much of a hardship, but if I ate fast food a lot, I would be finding a different place to eat. I'll also take a minute to blast Taco Bell. I hadn't had a taco salad from there in years, so stopped by to get one. Almost passed out when they told me the price. I'll never do that again, either.

 
At September 4, 2012 at 5:20 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

10:29 Yes, but lets be honest it's called "fast food" no mention of being cheaper.

 
At September 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm almost in my 60's-(ahem) and remember when McDonald's opened in the early 70's. It was THE place to hang out for my fellow HHS'ers! Finally, fast food comes to Painesville! lol
re: 10:36^ I also loved the Kresge and Newberry lunch counters (& Woolworth)and spinning around on the stools so you could get your mother to yell at you.

 
At September 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

9:48 What don't remember Red Barn with the barnbuster?
Devine Drive-In?
Islay's downtown?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home