Thursday, January 14, 2010

"LOVE POTION NO.9"





As I have stated here this is what the city gave be as to how they arrive at the "Power Factor" on your utility bill. If you can explain it , God Bless You.
My only question was "when do you roll the dice?"

As I was led to the conference room to view the AMP contract I wondered what the room would look like? The furnishing, pictures on the wall etc. Would they have a picture of General Paine? A view of Painesville past or future? Know what caught my eye? It was an aerial view of the train derailment of a few years ago. Tank cars ablaze, train cars scattered like toys all over the landscape.
As I viewed this I thought is this a medtaphor for the city? A train wreck?
The city employee that was sent with me must have been wondering what I thought was so funny?

8 Comments:

At January 14, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Anonymous Kathy Sak said...

They left out the part instructing the user to multiply their final figure by the page number.

She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign. She said what you need is Love Potion Number Nine.
She bent down and turned around and gave me a wink. She said I'm gonna make it up right here in the sink.

 
At January 14, 2010 at 6:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I asked? It makes no sense to me.

 
At January 15, 2010 at 7:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't really read it but I'm guessing you could hide a multitude of sins in some of these costs. Like a surcharge my Amp- Ohio to get their money back. Wonder why they do it like this?
Nelson St. Lady

 
At January 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Painesville was going to invest 40 million in that power plant, why would they don't they want to do the wind mills by themselves. I get the feeling amp wants to control our electric plant and rates?

 
At January 15, 2010 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

I agree maybe there is to close of an relationship between AMP-OHIO and Painesville.
I read in the paper recently that Painesville received the grant for $2,052,000 to demolish the hospital from the state. Who pays it the contract would end up costing $2,600,000? Just wondering.
One way or the other theres going to be a lot of demolishing going around town this year.

 
At January 15, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't the hospital prepared to pay for the demolition themselves? Didn't Painesville tell them that it was okay -- that we'd get it, or am I remembering it wrong?

 
At January 15, 2010 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

The hospital paid to remove the asbestos.
If you are referring to what the hospital spokesman said at a town hall meeting, you misunderstood what he was talking about. Right.

 
At January 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the hospital would have paid to have the building demolished, as they were fearful that the Cleveland Clinic would have come in and set up shop...

I will take quality of care and professionalism at the Cleveland Clinic over Lake Hospital System any day of the week...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home