Friday, November 13, 2015

" LIVING IN THE PAST" jethro tull



Oh, we won't give in,
We'll keep living in the past


Don't know if I should laugh or cry?

Just got the latest edition of the infamous Painesville Magazine.

Yes loaded with fact about Painesville past. An airplane named after our city, Sculpture that abounds in our fair city. Oh, don't get me wrong there was an advertisement for High Point Centre. Problem is there nothing there except dirt and  opportunity?

There was an article about our 'Blended' community.

As well as our 'Booming' businesses. PLEASE!

I had to put it down I can't take it. Look I don't know who or how this magazine is published but it's a waste of a tree and someone dollars. Probably ours.

I have to ask does anyone need this magazine? Better yet is anyone feel better that they receive it?


Now to the budget!

Yesterday the finance department presented the 2016 Budget to council. Seemed with the exception of two or three council people everyone was an audience member such as myself. To be honest Council person Jenkins must have reviewed this document as she asked some pointed and good questions. That said she lost me with her suggestion to put a snow-plow on a EMS chase vehicle.

Also learned that new water line and crib out into the lake will cost resident's $600,000 a year for the next 20 years. For what purpose? So as Painesville resident's can pay more for water then outside resident's who have county water? Well I guess we provide jobs.

Another new telephone system at a cost of $200,000.00? And we will save how much by combining with the county phone system? The Lord give it and the Lord take it away. I guess we can do phones but not water?

The police department budget 3.9 million dollars next year. Two new cars included. Councilman Flock questioned body camera's for officers. Seems to me that was met with a cold reception by the Chief . I heard about cloud service and $2000.00 per officer  30 officers $60,000.00. Just maybe we would have had an idea why we paid 2.1 million dollars to a tasered victim? Seems the chief want other departments to work the bugs out before we jump in. Again Reactive instead of proactive.

Hate to nitpick ...but I will. Seems the Engineering department and I guess the Fire Department will share a secretary. O.K. So we budget $5000.00 for a new "nesting" place for this person? Look with this new phone system do we really need a new work space?

They go through this budget so fast and yet every time I witness this not one time have I heard a council person so "NO" to a recommendation. So why do we do this dance.

More on the budget as well as the magazine later, my head seems ready to explode.

$76,600.00 Budget and what did residents receive? Forgot a million for roads next year, yippee!



'Jihadi John  blown -up, next we can hear how he didn't have a trial? Knew that guy was bad news when I witnessed a picture of him in a Pittsburgh cap!





12 Comments:

At November 13, 2015 at 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At its' core, this stuff can be funny.
Much more serious is what is happening in Paris right now.
Can't we all just get along?

 
At November 14, 2015 at 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe this city. First they advertise nationally to bring all illegals to our city because we love them, then when they all get here, they are bragging that we now have a Little Mexico here, and that it's a destination spot. Are you kidding me? The entire town of Leon, Mexico has emptied out into our city, and they think it's something to celebrate? Let me just say one thing here, and that is when you interview Mexicans that are still left there, like the old people, they lament on how they are losing their culture and country, so it's no surprise that Americans do the same when the entire of Mexico empties out into our country. I can't believe this city. Well, if you're going to advertise it, you'd better advertise this as Little ILLEGAL Mexico, and that ought to complete the entire trashing of our city. I've lived in a lot of different cities in my life, but never one as ridiculous and idiotic as this one.

 
At November 14, 2015 at 7:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to thank the city of Painesville for making the pothole repairs on North State Street just as bumpy as the potholes were.

 
At November 15, 2015 at 8:20 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

7:20 Some readers here will call this Karma

7:23 Wondered the same thing? Be glad it's a temporary fix new road coming Spring 2016.
Something else to think about with the numerous BAD roads in Painesville, I'm taking bet's Skinner Ave. will be at the top of the list.

 
At November 15, 2015 at 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of road repair I cant believe they did Lexington with asphalt. It won't be long it will be bad again, what a waste. why not just do it eight the first time than properly maintain it

 
At November 15, 2015 at 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:23: Thanks. I didn't know that the State Street repairs were temporary and would have a better fix come Spring. The Universe thanks you, too, as maybe I'll do a little less cussing as I drive that way now.

 
At November 16, 2015 at 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please add a little MORE TLC to Bank street also.
One of the two manholes covers on the west side of the Bank & Walnut intersection is SINKING!

 
At November 16, 2015 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Why? said...

Pretty Painesville magazine - I was befuddled at the business ads. How many businesses does Painesville boast to have? I believe I counted 23 business ads from OUTSIDE of Painesville, there was a slight few from Painesville itself. Why? Its a Painesville publication and local businesses cant support it? Why? As much of the press given to the Mexican community in it, not one purchased an ad either. Why? They sure got loads of free publicity and couldn't return the favor?

 
At November 16, 2015 at 12:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:23
I think you need to understand that in "Painesville Speak", the word "temporary" means the same thing as forever.
I wouldn't hold my breath until you see it done properly.
In this City we always have the time to do it half-assed but that just means that we get to do it again.

BTW, it was pointed out to me that some people in the Administration made a point of letting the roads go to hell like they did.
When they got bad enough, the people voted a tax on themselves to fix roads that should never have been allowed to get as bad as they did.
Is it true? Well, it sure seemed to work that way.

 
At November 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own a home in Painesville, and I cannot believe what McMahon, Hada, DelaMotte, Horvath, etc. have done to this city. Now the new people are calling for this to be advertised as "Little Mexico." Everyone already knew that Painesville was already half in the ghetto before the illegals got here. Now, believe me, everyone knows that own town is filled with illegals (and nobody knows how many people from other countries heard that call to come here by DelaMotte), and that our schools are filled with and struggling to educate their children. I can hear my property value sliding even more as we speak. And what in the HELL is McMahon still doing with her nose in our business. Unbelievable.

 
At November 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If those that are so opposed to the illegals living here would take a stand -
Did any of you come to the rally on the square a few months ago? There is strength in numbers and the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Stop sitting around - do something - write council - CM - congress - Obama. Lets stop this.

 
At November 18, 2015 at 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

5:20
Thanks Hal

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home