Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"BAD MEDICINE" bon jovi

Tell me maybe it's just me but am I the only soul on this planet that has a problem with pharmacies?

I started off with Giant Eagle and after they lost two prescription refills a friend suggested to switch to Sam's Club since I was already a member. The hours aren't the most convenient and after a visit to Walmart Mentor seeing a pharmaceutical  item there that wasn't  at Sam's Club? I had my prescriptions transferred to Mentor Walmart. Soon after my insurance carrier changed and after presenting my new medical card I was told that it was my job to transfer the prescriptions? Even before that with the same insurance company twice I was charged different amounts to refill the same  prescription. I left Walmart due to an employee questioning if I hadn't received that prescription already. Back to Giant Eagle is this really that hard?

Now I went and called in a prescription to Giant Eagle on medication filled by my family physician who had passed away I had 8 refills until September of 2015. Went to pick it up and was told your doctor has died. No kidding I have know that for months, "well we are unable to fill this prescription." I asked did the prescription die when the doctor dies? If so you have been filling all prescription since his death and now no more?

Back to calling my new physician  please call Giant Eagle so I get this medicine.

Now I just ask is it just me or do others have the same problem? Any suggestions anything but Walgreen's won't shop there since the inversion issue has raised it's ugly head.

Anybody want to bring up cable TV?

8 Comments:

At August 13, 2014 at 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

TERM,
It's not you. Things are changing fast. There isn't enough room for me to elaborate here, but it pays to shop, and all prescriptions are not the same quality.

Example: There are brand name drugs, generic drugs, and now "similar" drugs. Beware of similar drugs. Some may not work well, or have side effects the brand name or generics don't. They may make you sick.

Find out WHERE you drug is made. Refuse them if made in third world countries. Accept only those from USA, Europe and civilized South America etc. The worst example I ever saw was from India.

I use Giant Eagle. I had to "brick wall" them for a while, but they got the idea. Most pharmacies are the same because of tough competition. But the prices are not. The insurance companies are calling the shots most of the time. Get to know who your pharmacist is and treat them well. Expect them to do the same.

Pharmacies treat drugs differently due to abuse and the laws abuse causes. One drug may be no big deal. Another may die with your doctor. Another may be a SOB because the insurance company is pricky. Fight back.

 
At August 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

RITE AID PAINESVILLE
CAN'T BEAT THE SERVICE

AND WHY DON'T YOU BUY LOCAL ?

 
At August 14, 2014 at 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have issues with walgreens Painesville and Giant Eagle and will not use them, one for putting improper instructions on my scrip the other for rude employees, guess which is which, I have found Painesville Riteaid to be pretty good, sometimes you have to wait a day for something they don't have but they are friendly and fairly efficient

 
At August 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

7:46/7:05 RiteAid interesting. Maybe because the problems I had heard from others abot many out of stocks?
4:27 'similar drugs' wonder if they would mind getting paid with 'similar dollars'?
To me and others do you ask where the drug was made? Do they even know?
Explain 'Brick Wall' to me.

 
At August 14, 2014 at 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Brick wall" in this context means "I want the drug I want.
I know it's available, go get it. etc.

Buy local?
Where do the owners live?
Where do the employees live?
What benefit to Painesville, taxes? Please expound upon that, I'm dense.

 
At August 14, 2014 at 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The preservatives in an Indian made "similar" made my wife very sick for days.

 
At August 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should always find out where your drugs are coming from. I was given a generic antibiotic from India for a serious infection. It did not work at all. Finally figured out it was the drug from India, and got the same drug in a generic from America, and it worked just fine. My doctor said that medicines from India are very dangerous, because not only do they not have what they are supposed to have in them many times, but they can also have many dangerous things in them that don't belong there. I ask now. And that's one of the reasons I won't get my drugs from Marc's, because they have drugs from India.

 
At August 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is 11:11. I should have also mentioned that Walgreens is the only place around here that had the generic that I knew that I could trust. I shouldn't have just singled out Marc's. If I recall, several of the places around here had it from India. I wouldn't trust drugs from China, either. I think it's best to stick to U.S. drugs. There's enough going on with our own drugs and food; I don't think it's a good idea to chance things from other countries, especially not the likes of India or China.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home