Friday, July 11, 2014

"OUR HOUSE" crosby stills nash & young

By now everyone in Northeastern Ohio realizes LeBron James is again a Cleveland  Cavalier. Myself I didn't think it would happen glad it did but not for the same reason many of you are.

When Mr. James made a spectacle of himself when he announced he was going to 'take his talents to South Beach' I was upset not only for the cruel way he did it, but deep inside I thought if this guy is leaving what have I been thinking about for the first sixty years of my life?

I have lived around Painesville my whole life with many opportunities to seek greener pasture. Some of my siblings moved to different regions of the country as well as friends, fellow workers and classmates.

I always found a reason to stay put. Did I really like Northeastern Ohio or was I afraid of failure? During the winters of 76'-77' that belief was tested greatly.

I created my own comfort zone.

With LeBron's  'decision' came the hidden thoughts this guy is treated like a King and he's leaving  what was
 I holding onto here.

Sports in Cleveland? I barely remember Herb Scores eye injury, the trade of Rocky Colavito before opening day. "Red Right 88' 'The Drive' 'The Fumble' along with Belichick can't coach! Then the goof off owner moves the team to Baltimore.
Jordan's fade away jumper the last time the Cav's were good. (PreJames) Then we even hung our hats on 'The Miracle of Richfield, the miracle is why we remember.  The Jake... how did those teams of the 90's team never win a World Series? To top it off Miami won the series' in a game seven! Jose' can we see?

Cleveland is the "City Where Sport Dreams Go To Die" Think about it three major sport franchises and nothing in 50 years? 150 seasons of one failure after another. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and a while, right?

If any place has a CURSE!

Cleveland a manufacturing giant in the first half of the 20th Century now another 'rustbelt city'.
Many of our children flee the area at the first opportunity.

Now presently the best sports professional in the world wants to come home to NE Ohio, and I believe he is sincere. Thanks LeBron and I didn't have to go to South Beach to know where  'The Best Location in the Nation"  OUR HOUSE

5 Comments:

At July 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off no one cares why your here or what you read. Then again it might be all half truths like this site!

 
At July 13, 2014 at 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

news flash PCLS FAILED WORRY about that maybe the super can blow more smoke up term butt ( libs stick together ) and you talk about a razor

 
At July 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I care!

 
At July 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Term maybe time to have a sit down with your buddy super John PSLS FAIL AGAIN!! maybe the razor can speak at Harvey we be talkin about for his Birftday maybe he can help?
love your town like little windy city bye now just had to check in on your nice town!!

 
At July 16, 2014 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

6:34 Well, thanks for checkin' in?
Buddy, razor???????>

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home