Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"WHEN I WAS YOUNG" eric burdon & the animals



And I had quite a ball
When I was young


Today In Painesville we seem to be obsessed with remembering the past of growing up here in the Ville'. Well today as I read the News-Herald obituary a name and person from the past jarred memories.
The passing of Virgil Taylor jogged my memories to long days gone by. I am sure Mr. Taylor didn't know me but I knew him. Playing Little League Baseball in the early 60's everyone may have encountered him. For he was an umpire. Virgil always added a professionalism to our games always in a clean pressed shirt and pants. Never clowning around he call balls and strikes as well as out or safe. Never once did I witness an argument. I believe he called the first called strike three on me. Not quite sure thinking back I had a lot of those.

Growing up here in town I wonder if he realized how many memories he was a part of. Mr. Taylor was a 'good' reason to remember the past R.I.P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home