Wednesday, March 30, 2016

"ONE WEEK" barenaked ladies UPDATE

LOOK BELOW FOR NEW POST!

TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP!

Cocked your head to the side and said "I'm  angry!


As I embark on this crusade against Waste Management and the City I thought it would be a good idea to look at some facts.

Let's assume as I have been told there are 7,000 residential properties for refuse collection.

Now lets also assume the  Waste Management charges residents $20.00 a .month
Now multiply 7,000 times $20.00 +$140,000
now multiply $140,000 time 12= $1,680,000
So if everything  and everybody pays Waste Management contract is worth over $1,680,000.00?

Let's say we are high in the number of residential, say only 5,000 properties and do the same math.
$100,000 a month time 12 month = $1,200,000

Begs to ask can't the city do it cheaper on there own? Yes and I also must include recycling totes as well as totes and two or three  vehicles?

But in ten years that cost would be spread out and now we have something to keep a few at the power plant occupied? Ten years $12,000,000.00 What do we make at the electric plant two cents on the dollar?

Am I suggesting Painesville get back into the garbage business? Just something to consider as these hauler's decide to take us over the coals. If I'm wrong I'd like to see the data as well as the process.
(I was)

I am a big fan of outsourcing but only if it makes financial sense. I would love to hear the negatives in my numbers. I want it explained why $20.00 a month is worth it? Maybe my math's off?

As some of you have corrected my numbers to reflect months instead of weeks , it does change the theory quite a bit! SORRY! 


Seems that Pledge everyone signed before the first debate has somehow fallen to the wayside?

Want to scare yourself? Ask someone 25 years-old or younger what NATO stands for and it's purpose. Unbelievable!

16 Comments:

At March 31, 2016 at 12:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to factor in the tipping fee at the landfill.

 
At March 31, 2016 at 5:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to really throw a curve ball?
Ask what SEATO is.
How did that play into the viet nam war.

Trash...fees from the landfill must be deducted also.

 
At March 31, 2016 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:22/12:07 I will look into the tipping fee the county charges. If you only knew how screwed up I had these numbers?

SEATO must have been disbanded in the late 70's?

 
At March 31, 2016 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

More math....according to my figures a resident in Painesville pays $.73 Daily for the trash and recyclables they generate.

Wonder what the city running the operation would cost us?

 
At March 31, 2016 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daily charge for trash here in Fairport is 48 cents. One tote, one pick-up a week.

 
At March 31, 2016 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:04 How interesting? $.25 a day saving
$91.25 savings a year for taking your wife out to dinner, a MLB baseball game. $91.25 for a senior on a tight budget.

One question what do you do with your leaves?

Does your hauler gift Fairport $48,000 a year?

My belief is that WM is robbing us and our city administration is acting as an Enabler.

 
At March 31, 2016 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony Scheiber has had the Fairport contract forever. Not sure what the specifics of the contract are. I see Scheiber's has expanded into Painesville Township.

I do see Major trucks but they must pick up dumpsters from some of the apartments.

Scheiber also picks up yard waste from spring to fall. First and third Mondays of the month.

Recycling is picked up the same day as trash. Two separate pick-ups.

 
At April 1, 2016 at 6:49 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

11:47 You can also assume Scheiber Hauling doesn't sponsor the Waste Management Phoenix Open for 8 million Dollars either?

Also note WM no longer pays haulers to their recycling centers, they now pay a tipping fee. No money in recycling

 
At April 1, 2016 at 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

does this mean our recycle goods go to the dump? if so than why bother

 
At April 1, 2016 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

8:24 I don't know? But what I do know in a statement made by Waste Management President David Steiner made a claim that the commodity slump has dried up profits from recycling.
Recycling is not profitable we have lost money over the last one and a half years.

He's statement makes be think the economic downturn in China is the cause?

I have no idea what they presently are doing? Makes one wonder

 
At April 1, 2016 at 5:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cant win this one. Or any of them. We must get a new form of government in Painesville. No more city manager and no more council people who don't listen to their residents. Or those of council who insult residents to their face.

 
At April 1, 2016 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:36 What's that saying "You go to war with the army you got?"

I don't have that much time.

 
At April 2, 2016 at 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO you poked the hornets nest by complaining about the trash prices constantly. Now the prices will be even worse? This should take away all the kudos on another post for all you do. Gee Thanks for nothing.

 
At April 3, 2016 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

3:27 Really? I haven't begun to poke.

If you think my complaints RAISE your cost? Your so far off!

 
At April 4, 2016 at 5:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recycle because I want to see scrap reused. All scrap. If it goes to the dump and not recycled, I'd sure like to know.

 
At April 20, 2016 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waste Management is horrible!!!!!!!!! To high Priced!!!!!!!!! KIck Backs IM sure. I like to be able to choose whom I want! And if you not living in your house due to is is for sale and NOT using SERVICE you still have to Pay!!!! Because Painesville says so. Called Columbus GET a petition signed and we can change it to whom we choose!! no other cities have a contract. SO there is kick backs IM sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home