Friday, May 22, 2015

"HAVE A SAFE AND GRATFUL 2015 MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND"

As we all venture out to do what ever we do on this the start of the  summertime season. (low of 37 degrees tonight?)

Lets remember the reason for this holiday to the men and women that served and some even gave their lives for the reason for this Holiday.

I get a big charge out of the Big Toyota Sellathon, the Beauty Rest Bed Sales Event, Even the BOGO shoe extravaganzas. Which for the life of me has nothing to do with Memorial Day?

Enjoy the games and races spend time with friends and relatives, picnic's rib cook-off's whatever.

Many will be on the job as required police, fire, EMS, nurses and many others. I once asked a farmer what he was doing this holiday? His answer "the cows don't know it's a holiday".

Just take a minute to say a prayer of thanks for those no longer with us. And thank a Vet. I might get some hate mail for this but say something a little more personal than '''thanks for your service". Seems empty to me. Myself I mention that I will do  everything in my power so as to the government keeping it promises it made to you! A promise we all should keep.

Happy Memorial Day

3 Comments:

At May 22, 2015 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Sandy Miller said...

Don't forget Painesville has a parade and service for the veterans!

 
At May 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

Thanks for the comment I should have mentioned that fact. Also the City can be proud of the way the cemeteries look this Memorial Day. Quite an improvement over just a few years ago.

 
At May 24, 2015 at 6:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please show your support by attending the parade and ceremony in Painesville.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home