Saturday, May 24, 2014

MEMORIAL DAY 2014

Memorial Day is the day most of us find to thank the men and women that served in the American Military Service to let us appreciate our freedom.

When you go past the cemeteries and see  the flags you wonder the sacrifice these Veterans gave to our country. Were they at Pearl Harbor, D-Day invasion, Battle of the Bulge or just supply clerks in Chicago?  They all contributed. The Viet nam vet who's real only crime was doing what his country asked of them. And then treated so poorly when they came home.

Monday is Memorial Day and has anybody but me noticed the Memorial Day Celebration sales?
Levin Furniture believes this is the weekend I need a new mattress and box spring .

Volkswagen has a five day sales event to put you and me in a new VW Passat?  Must I remind you VW folks many Americans died because of certain actions your county took 70 years ago? Now your holding Celebration sales. Mitsubishi is pushing Outlanders this weekend. Wonder how someones great great Grandfather feels about his Grandson buying that Outlander this weekend? Maybe he would like to explain to that young lad what it was like getting shot down by that Mitsubishi Zero in 1943.

I know time to move on, but I have to ask is nothing sacred?

How long before we have sales events due to 9/11?  We need a sales event between "Back to School" and Thanksgiving. Far fetched? not anymore than Memorial Day sales events.

American companies are a little smoother. Chevrolet has "Veterans Appreciation sales week" Would it really kill you to make every week Veterans Appreciation Week?

7 Comments:

At May 24, 2014 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well stated!

 
At May 25, 2014 at 5:00 AM , Anonymous THATS Ridiculous said...

The only thing that is sacred to business is the almighty dollar.
Thanksgiving? That holiday will soon be forgotten. Remember how the last 2 years have been with retail being open all day? The family ways are being pushed aside to make a buck. Most ridiculous.

 
At May 25, 2014 at 5:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ganley Jeep etc in Painesville gave me a military vet discount this weekend. Being a Vietnam vet, I'm not used to that.

In the years since our gulf wars, I have had people notice a little service emblem on my jacket, then pick up my check. Being a Vietnam vet, I'm not used to that.

Lowes and home depot give me a 10% discount. Being a Vietnam vet, I'm not used to that.

I just wanted to say here on this forum, thank you back for thanking me. Being a Vietnam vet, I'm I really really deeply appreciate that, after all these years.

 
At May 26, 2014 at 6:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not surprised in the least that there are no comments, speaks to a deeper issue than an electric bill or a flooded basement where someone bought a house and then cries, "fix it for me", "buy in a swamp, live in it"

An issue of leadership, so woefully lacking, council to a pathetic administration.

I had the only American Flag in my neighborhood, and not just today, but on all days, and how many will truly mark this day for the intended purpose.

And of all times, with the VA scandalized with abuse of veterans, but, grill on.

Not intended to be spiteful or lamenting on lost values, life is life, one learns, sadly.

 
At May 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:28 Your comment made my day. Get used to it. I find as people get older they become wiser.
6:11 Things seem to be changing find something positive in 5:28 comment.

 
At May 28, 2014 at 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

plenty of American flags on my street but it makes me sad that people leave them out 24/7 including in the dark (not illuminated) in storms in snow etc. why don't you do us a favor and make a post of flag etticut Term

 
At June 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Proud American said...

We fly our flag 27/7 and have tried numerous solar lights with none working. We know proper flag etiquette but we know we aren't the Rockefeller family and we can't afford to light up the neighborhood for everyone else either. Therefore, we do what we can and sorry if its offensive but at least we are legal American's doing our part. Not flying the Mexican, Dominican or Puerto Rican flag. AND yes I know PR is part of the US AND you know exactly what I mean.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home