Thursday, September 12, 2013

"TIME IN A BOTTLE" jim croce

Seems  someone hacked the Blog.?

Look all it was was a story about Painesville-Concord welcoming TOWER 2319 into the fold? I commended both Chief Mlachak of Painesville and Chief Warner on a pretty good acquisition. If both communities get 10 years of service out of this vehicle it will be viewed as a steal.

So what's the problem? Look I was adding to this post. that all of us old enough to remember 9/11 still take time to reflect on that day. I believed Judge Michael Cicconetti summed it up the best. "I was angry then and I'm still angry now." Yes me I'm one of those still angry. and when I see this Syrian Crisis I don't see a crisis. I hear of 120,000 dead Syrians and I think that's 120,000 less people that hate me  and my way of life on this planet. Am I proud of this? No... maybe I am war weary maybe I'm tired of all the lies? I cannot not see wasting anymore American lives or treasure in the middle east. With any luck they might end up killing themselves in the end.

A thing of pride Painesville can take into account on this day is the planting of flags in Veterans Park. This dedication yearly is the results of two Painesville resident's Sue & Gary Betteley. I can only hope that this tradition  continues on after most of us are gone. As Chief Mlachak mentioned each flag represents an American who died on that day and is no longer with his loved ones.

Hard for me to believe we have lost so many in the proceeding twelve years and not one of them should be ever forgotten.

If someone was upset with this post, can't wait to see what they do tomorrow?

3 Comments:

At September 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to be more concerned about how our gov't has taken extraordinary liberties to violate our rights since 9/11. Syria and the rebels are equally evil. We must not choose to defend either! As you say, they all despise us. No more American blood spilled on Middle Eastern sand!

 
At September 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM , Anonymous Kathy Sak said...

Once upon a time there was a madman in Germany and he was gassing his own countrymen, and for a long time the world looked the other way.

 
At September 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

Yes Kathy, and your right. You have to wonder what had been in the American mindset if 19 Jewish people had somehow managed to kill close to 3,000 Americans on U.S. soil in one day? Look I'm fed-up with global Jihadism, and being thought of as an infidel by a large religious group. over my faith and life style. A religion that makes excuses over and allow large numbers of al-Qaeda run around with the belief that means you are one of us or you are to be eliminated. They planned a March on Washington D.C. on the date some of them struck us 9/11? Kathy I know you know better. Yes, I'm still bitter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home