Thursday, August 28, 2014

"OPERATOR" jim croce

'Americans working for Americans'

Can you help me make this call?

Received this in an email I'd like to share with you. Sorta a little persons 'inversion'

This is undoubtly, if true, one of the most important things we as United States of America citizens can do. I agree it is not to demoralize any other nation or nationality, simply to bring AMERCIA back to being AMERICA.

The gas company serving this area brought their call center back to Phoenix from India last year after numerous customer complaints. What a difference now when you call them... and it created 300 jobs. I know this works because they were so bad that when India answered I wouldn't even deal with them. I simply asked to be transferred to a supervisor in the U.S. and they would comply.

Now that I know it is the law I will do this for sure.

Anytime you call an 800 number (for a credit card, banking, phone health or other insurance, computer help etc.) and you find that your talking to a foreign  customer service representative (perhaps in India, Philippines ect.) please consider doing the following:

After you connect and you realize that the customer service representative is not from the USA (you can always ask if you are not sure about the accent), please, very politely  ( this is not about trashing other cultures) say, "I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the United States of America.. The rep might suggest talking to his/her manager, but again, politely say, "Thank you, but I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the USA.

YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY CONNECTED TO A REP IN THE USA.
That's the rule and the Law.

It takes less than one minute to have your call re-directed to the USA.
Tonight when I got redirected to a USA rep, I asked again to make sure and yes, she was from Fort Lauderdale.

Imagine what would happen if every US citizen insisted on talking to only US phone reps from this day on.
Imagine how that would ultimately impact the number of US jobs that would need to be created ASAP.

You may even get correct answers, good advice, and solution's to your problem and at the same help create 1000's of American jobs.

I don't know if there is a rule or law but what harm would it do to ask the question?

Please don't forget Andy Flock's Town Hall Meeting

'Raider Roundtable'

Both tonight at 7:00pm Elm St. Elementary School

6 Comments:

At August 28, 2014 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, how did you find out about this?
I think this is a great idea but I never heard of it at all.
I hope lots of folks follow through with your idea.

 
At August 28, 2014 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

12:27 It was sent to the blog. anonymously. I could verify if it works but I will try it. What harm could it cause? Asking a person their name also gets better results. Along with the one I used at work. "Look don't let your problem become mine, because you won't like the way I'll handle it." This used to drive FEDEX nuts!

 
At August 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

I couldn't verify if it works.

 
At August 29, 2014 at 4:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine what would happen to the prices of all the products and the fees on your credit cards if they had to pay Americans to do this. Pick your poison.

 
At August 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call centers in the Philippines usually have the best English speakers of the offshore call centers. That’s because they learned it from us Americans. The Indians drive me nuts when I try to deal with them. I can’t believe its taking soooo long for companies to learn what damage these off shore call centers do to customer’s perception.

Case in point, a couple of calls to American Express via India few years ago caused my card to jump into the shredder. A call to an auto insurance company and a good old gal in North Carolina was great. KABAAM, signed me up. Companies that care about your experience deserve your business.

 
At August 29, 2014 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

5:18 like a shirt made in Honduras wouldn't cost $75.00 or a pair of Jordan's made is a sweat shop won't cost $200 bucks?
The truth is money saved overseas many times doesn't make things cheaper just increases the bottom line.
Plus we would have a better American economy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home