Sunday, February 3, 2013

"TEACHER TEACHER" 38 special

I've been getting anonymous tips with concerns at Harvey High School. Some I print some I have to ignore do to the fact I don't know who's sends my the comment.
I decided to find a source  in the building who has no connecting to the school administration or me.
I found someone. Remember kids say the darnest things?

First off if Dr. Hanlon is ever asked what one of his best hires  happens to to be Principal Van McWreath.
Yes, I'm a big fan of Mr. McWreath and there are a legion of others that think the same way.

Now I here rumblings allegedly that a couple of board members believe he should be held responsible as well as terminated for the two Harvey basketball games that we're forfeited do to an ineligible player? That's a weak argument.  I don't believe Mr. McWreath had any decision in the hiring of  the Athletic Director, Assistant Principal or Guidance counselor. They are all hired by the administration.
On another level did Mr. McWreath notify the administration when he learned of the infraction? If he did what answer did he receive? Seems like a gap between finding out and admitting to the deed?
People should ask.

On another subject many people have informed me of  someone very high in the administration and I don't want to use names  here has shown their unhappiness with Mr. McWreath. I have always thought and found in the past and believed this person always wanted to see the best for Painesville students. I was informed it was mostly through this person's actions was the main reason for the  departure of the principal at Heritage this past year. We as a community were never informed as to the reason of his departure? Having the position this person currently holds they have an obligation to publicly inform us at a board meeting their displeasure with Mr. McWreath. Remember the last meeting? Everyone wanted transparency. It's time the vail of secrecy is lifted. If we have a problem inform us. Looking into Mr. McWreaths qualifications I learned he could successfully apply for a Superintendent position maybe even  here?  Making him their boss. Just a thought.

The Painesville community as a whole have no idea how fortunate they are to have Mr. McWreath at Harvey and if someone doesn't approve of his action's please bring them out  in the open.

Something for the administration as well as the board must understand. If your position is to continually drive quality staff away for irresponsible reasons, I can guarantee  this community will reward you with a vote of no confidence as well as NO votes on future levies. You decide

The people in Painesville expect more. Not more bad press in the newspaper along a belief we will accept failure. You must do better with what students you are given. No more excuses.

I will keep a weekly watch on the cafeteria employee's progress through the court system and maybe find out what's going on.

On another note in todays Sunday News-Herald there is an insert  called Parade. People should go to page 14 and read Ask Marilyn which deals with our famed 50% policy. After reading the article you decide on the 50% policy.

*****************************************************************************************
Harvey Pride Committee

Will hold a Chili Cook Off
Febuary 8,2013 from  4:30pm-6:30pm
Harvey cafeteria
$5.00 adults Students and senior $4.00 under 4 free
cornbread/Italian bread
Crakers/Beverages
Cattyout is available

10 Comments:

At February 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You only know half the story. Good start.

 
At February 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the other half to the story?
The buck stops with the AD. He should have done a credit check on all students in any sport. The bad part to this is that the Principal and Assistant Principal-both former coaches- all know the importance of running credit and grade checks. You're lucky it was only two games and not the whole season.

 
At February 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

This comment was left on an older post today should all schools have the same policies?
***********************************

I have thought a lot about this subject as I have children I take to one of the other schools in the system. If I had not read your blog I would have never known about the rules at Maple. I firmly believe that security should be at the top of the list EVERY year. Cameras, lights, signs,buzzers,panic buttons, etc. should be checked and working. This includes Red Raider Preschool and Head Start.I believe that additional security measures should have been put in place after a team -including parents- gathered and made recommendations. If you look at those school shootings, all of them have been done by young white males that have had some form of mental concerns. We need to find a way to still have the type of parental interactions within the school and have them safe for all. This should be a DISTRICT policy and not just one school. All children are important and not just those that attend Maple! Teachers should not use the school shootings as a way to keep parents from enjoying the joy of participating in their child's school life. I recently brought my child to school with a project. I was greeted by a rude secretary who informed me that she had to ask the teacher for permission to help the child take the project to the classroom. I don't fit the profile and I have never committed a crime and yet this is how I, a tax payer supplying her job, was treated. I believe there are better ways!

 
At February 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the coach, who happened to coach the son of the "higher up administrator" you are referencing, put these kids on the roster, their status could have been verified.

 
At February 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harvey Pride Committee.
What is this? Who is on it?
REALLY? It sounds like an oxy-moron. Harvey Pride?

 
At February 6, 2013 at 7:01 AM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

Harvey Pride

6:23 Yes there are quality staff and students at Harvey and to paint everyone with a broad brush is wrong.
Don't like or want chili ignore the ad.
8:05 I'm sorry you believe you were feal you were treated rudly by someone. Just maybe everyone is a little more on guard?
Following the procedure will leave you to still enjoy your childrens school.
Please try to understand that the childrens safety is presently job 1.
I visit Maple everyday and although I may have to wait until an adult lets me in I'm O.K. with that. One time a child opened the door for me and it was explained to them that although they might just be being helpful. Never to do it again.
Sadly the world has changed.

 
At February 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...


I have the pleasure of working in 3different school systems and 5 different schools. Student and staff safety is always the number one concern! I have also been the one that had to help develop a security plan for a building. I know how hard it is to make sure all areas are secure. I began each year by introducing the security plan to all parents and staff. From that point on I would continue to remind parents about safety concerns. All the other schools I am in acknowledged the need to review their safety policies. All of them made some form of change but did it in a positive fashion and included parents in the discussion. None of the others have eliminated parental participation as was indicated in the letter sent out.
Not one of the schools allow anyone to walk in-all have a security feature and I agree with these policies. In all the others systems teachers are available to talk to parents briefly without an appointment at the beginning or end of the day. Today, I was even thanked for my services by a teacher. The teachers and support staff positive attitude was great to receive. So I believe that schools can deal with the ever changing world in a positive fashion. Treating any visitor, parent, and/or grandparent rude can not be an excuse for facing today's challenges!

 
At February 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

2-6 at 7:01Painting everyone with a broad brush? You're the pot calling the chili kettle black.

 
At February 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM , Anonymous TERM>> said...

3:27 Really?

 
At February 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

3:27 YES, REALLY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home